Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Saw a Sutherland 20/20 mkii LPS for $1400 on USAM so I bit. Thinking is either:

- it isn’t as much an upgrade as I’d want: will look to sell and make money back

- it is a worthy upgrade and I sell the Insight to recoup a good chunk of the 20/20 cost

- I cosplay as Bill Gates and keep both until I get a new turntable and amp down the line and have two full systems in a tiny 1BR apt like a maniac

Why do one big upgrade when you can do two!

Kef LSX II’s inbound to replace my office setup. I was going to get a half size amp/streamer and a set of passive speakers, but this is a cheaper option than what I was looking at, and it allows me to move them about the house for movie/games nights. Good a good deal on an open box set in black, which is a result.

IMG_1434.jpegIMG_1437.jpegIMG_1440.jpeg

The Kef’s are in! So far, so good. Easy to set up, and so far they are sounding great. A definite improvement on what I had in the office. It dropped out a couple of times playing a high res Qobuz stream, but I think that might be my router struggling with it. NAS and CD quality streams are working with no issues.

I’ve been loving playing my CD’s in the office, so I wonder if I’ll miss playing them and using streaming. I have all my CD’s on my NAS, and I can access them through the speakers. It feels different using my old CD’s though…

View attachment 214484View attachment 214485View attachment 214486

The Kef’s are in! So far, so good. Easy to set up, and so far they are sounding great. A definite improvement on what I had in the office. It dropped out a couple of times playing a high res Qobuz stream, but I think that might be my router struggling with it. NAS and CD quality streams are working with no issues.

I’ve been loving playing my CD’s in the office, so I wonder if I’ll miss playing them and using streaming. I have all my CD’s on my NAS, and I can access them through the speakers. It feels different using my old CD’s though…
Always loved the look of these. Very sharp.

View attachment 214484View attachment 214485View attachment 214486

Nice! Any sign of the fancy new amp yet?

You should be able to connect a little cd/dvd player to the coax/optical on the back of the master speaker.

I ended up not quad-amping because it would have meant re-doing my whole switch-amp configuration and things honestly sound great with just the two.
yea i am quite enjoying the two for my office setup. the only downside at the moment is I can't figure out how to listen via headphones haha. I suppose I could turn the speakers off on my amp and then plug into headphone output on my amp? last time I tried, it was playing through my speakers AND my headphones which defeated the point of me listening via headphones when my kids asleep.

yea i am quite enjoying the two for my office setup. the only downside at the moment is I can't figure out how to listen via headphones haha. I suppose I could turn the speakers off on my amp and then plug into headphone output on my amp? last time I tried, it was playing through my speakers AND my headphones which defeated the point of me listening via headphones when my kids asleep.
I assume just inserting a Schiit Magni or similar between the preamp stage and the amp stage.

Embrace the inevitable. If you decided to get a stand alone preamp at some stage, rather than just using the pre out on your old integrated, you could get one with a headphone output also. But yeah you’ll likely have to turn the power amps off to stop both playing for now.
Yea...I may try a magni since its pretty cheap last time I checked. i should have taken that as my PIFsgiving prize last year!

Lately with how good the Bathys sound, I've just been blutoothing digital at night to listen in my office if I need.

So I'd go from the Fosi RCA outs to a headphone amp then to my Rotel? I may just sell my Rotel and pick up a Khozmo at some point.

200w.gif

Back