Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Did yours break or are you getting a second one?

( I’m probably misreading something)
Started leaking, sent it in with description of exactly where and how it was leaking. They "repaired" it, supposedly tested it and sent it back. Leaked in exactly the same manner within the first 2 minutes of using it. Sent it back and they're sending a different new unit. I know they'll get me a good one but very unimpressed they sent it back first without properly testing it.

Started leaking, sent it in with description of exactly where and how it was leaking. They "repaired" it, supposedly tested it and sent it back. Leaked in exactly the same manner within the first 2 minutes of using it. Sent it back and they're sending a different new unit. I know they'll get me a good one but very unimpressed they sent it back first without properly testing it.
Did they make sure the basin wasn’t warped?

You could have had four HG Novas running in series!

Here's one for the cable folks, both believers and deniers... my portable DAC cable started to go, would occasionally lose connection... and honestly recently I found the sound underwhelming from my IEMs so I went and grabbed a $20 USB C to USB C cable for it. Nothing special but this one's directional. Plugged it in and boom, sound is right back to what I remember, if not better. Certainly possible that the previous cable being on the fritz affected the sound quality but it's digital, it shouldn't have mattered, but it's a big difference. Don't really understand, I suppose it could be better shielded, also not sure how directional changes things but it's a big difference. Just found it interesting.

This counts, I think…

Been eyeing something to use for train/plane trips where I’m bringing records back. The Selektor is probably the better bag (and cheaper) but I’m more likely to use this tote in everyday life AND the designer is closing her shop soon so I may not get a second chance.

Yes, I am a sucker who spent way too much for a canvas tote bag.

Here's one for the cable folks, both believers and deniers... my portable DAC cable started to go, would occasionally lose connection... and honestly recently I found the sound underwhelming from my IEMs so I went and grabbed a $20 USB C to USB C cable for it. Nothing special but this one's directional. Plugged it in and boom, sound is right back to what I remember, if not better. Certainly possible that the previous cable being on the fritz affected the sound quality but it's digital, it shouldn't have mattered, but it's a big difference. Don't really understand, I suppose it could be better shielded, also not sure how directional changes things but it's a big difference. Just found it interesting.
Directional cables just have shielding that’s grounded at one end, I believe. They do work.

Well, a deal was struck and I did a thing to add mono to the chain :)

The EAT has been secured and I'm actually really looking forward to this table. With what research I could compile and reviews read, it seems like a good fit for my "strictly mono" table and I always enjoy trying new brands. Initially I was aiming for a "lower" end table since it was just going to be mono, but I got this at a lower end price, so if it's anywhere near as good as I'm hearing, it's a nice secondary/backup deck. New gear is always exciting :)
1729048662743.png

Y’all saw that I had a Colemine package come to Raleigh the other day then go to Arizona and then come back? BTW it was sent ground select, not Media Mail.

P.s. my package with Kelly Finnigan took a pitstop in Va today saying it would be delayed on its projected delivery of Monday for weather?

TLDR: USPS ain’t much better right now.

Back