Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

200w.gif
As one of your "suppliers" I take partial responsibility for the lack of "merchandise" ;)

View attachment 214484View attachment 214485View attachment 214486

The Kef’s are in! So far, so good. Easy to set up, and so far they are sounding great. A definite improvement on what I had in the office. It dropped out a couple of times playing a high res Qobuz stream, but I think that might be my router struggling with it. NAS and CD quality streams are working with no issues.

I’ve been loving playing my CD’s in the office, so I wonder if I’ll miss playing them and using streaming. I have all my CD’s on my NAS, and I can access them through the speakers. It feels different using my old CD’s though…
Very nice! You now have me thinking my desk could use a similar upgrade.

How is the bass? Do you think you'll need a sub or do you get enough bass response in the near field setup?

Nice! Any sign of the fancy new amp yet?

You should be able to connect a little cd/dvd player to the coax/optical on the back of the master speaker.
4 to 6 weeks wait for the Linn. The upgrade to the Classic spec got announced yesterday, so I can talk about it - knew about it 2 weeks ago, but didn’t want to leak it! I get a headphone socket and a sub out in this updated version, which wasn’t in the original. Essentials, really, surprised they weren’t there in the first place.

First slight frustration with the Kef’s - albums in my server are shown in alphabetical order rather than track number. Can’t face setting up playlists for each album, so I might have to search the internet for a fix.

4 to 6 weeks wait for the Linn. The upgrade to the Classic spec got announced yesterday, so I can talk about it - knew about it 2 weeks ago, but didn’t want to leak it! I get a headphone socket and a sub out in this updated version, which wasn’t in the original. Essentials, really, surprised they weren’t there in the first place.

First slight frustration with the Kef’s - albums in my server are shown in alphabetical order rather than track number. Can’t face setting up playlists for each album, so I might have to search the internet for a fix.
Also, I’m planning on getting the Fiio portable CD player when it comes out - small footprint and optical out, so it suits what I need. Will work on the Linn as well!

What software are you using for your music? Or does KEF have some kind of proprietary software?

Back