Interscope Vinyl Collective

Switched to the senns because Milquetoast was anemic. Started back at Biscuits for Smit - this is better. It reminds me of the 1/2 speed Sticky Fingers, it sounds better the more watts you throw at it.

Okay. Milquetoast…. This is more like it. (And why I probably won’t ever get rid of these headphones. Sometimes they are the exact right sound signature)

It’d be really cool to hear this on like Cornwalls with like 400 watts headed their way. (I bet lots of music sounds really cool that way though)

I had the CD back in the day, but I think I got rid of it - I really didn't care for the album when it was released because it wasn't In The Meantime 2.0

In the years since, I've streamed it a few times here and there and it's grown on me.

I took a long nap, so I'll finally get around to playing it soon.

I think it is odd how many labels are printing stuff at Third Man like it is a premium press or something. I guess the Jack White connection and Made in the US are enough to make it worthwhile for them.
Name recognition and I’d bet they underbid jobs to win them. Consistently bad quality control and whatever they use for their vinyl formula sounds a bit crap too.

Spinning Betty now and so far it’s… not the worst. Both discs are warped, but so far only side b has significant noise. You definitely need to crank it, but I think it sounds fine.

For the price though, it should be better than this. Just “okay” isn’t good enough.

Spinning Betty now and so far it’s… not the worst. Both discs are warped, but so far only side b has significant noise. You definitely need to crank it, but I think it sounds fine.

For the price though, it should be better than this. Just “okay” isn’t good enough.
Yea they are charging AP/VMP/Mofi prices and all the ones I’ve gotten have been mid at best

Agreed. I signed up for three months with NIN, and don’t see myself renewing.
The NIN is the definitive version which is as good as I imagine we'll ever get of it. No need to spend the extra on a litho tho. The Billie Eilish is hands down the best version of that I've heard on wax. Really nice sounding record. And I was happy to get the Obie Trice and Helmet, even though the Helmet is meh overall. It's a pricey sub, but I've enjoyed it more than not, despite agreeing that it should be much better quality for the price.

I did a 3 month starting with NIN. The pressing is the same as the wide pressing. Stupid tiny litho for extra money. Eminem was meh. I’ll probably sell it. Helmet sounds meh. It’s something like 46 a month right? Worse quality and pressings than VMP by far.
VMP is way better quality, hands down. The only benefit is that Interscope has the killer catalog to draw on and it could be the only way to get some of the titles. If VMP could do better curation then it wouldn't even be a question, but this year I've been really unimpressed by the majority of their picks. I know I'll spin Helmet more than many VMP records I have even if I have to crank the volume up because it's an album I love way more than Hootenanny, for instance, despite that one being a better sounding pressing. I'll probably stick with Interscope because I like what they're putting out and so far if I don't want anything I can recoup my money on any of them pretty easily. I really want to stick with VMP, but it's feeling harder to justify that one when I'm often getting things I'd never buy in the first place.

This is the conundrum of vinyl. Buy an album I like on a record that sounds meh, or buy an album I don't care all that much for on a record that blows my ears off. When I find a genie this won't be a problem anymore.

VMP is way better quality, hands down. The only benefit is that Interscope has the killer catalog to draw on and it could be the only way to get some of the titles. If VMP could do better curation then it wouldn't even be a question, but this year I've been really unimpressed by the majority of their picks. I know I'll spin Helmet more than many VMP records I have even if I have to crank the volume up because it's an album I love way more than Hootenanny, for instance, despite that one being a better sounding pressing. I'll probably stick with Interscope because I like what they're putting out and so far if I don't want anything I can recoup my money on any of them pretty easily. I really want to stick with VMP, but it's feeling harder to justify that one when I'm often getting things I'd never buy in the first place.

This is the conundrum of vinyl. Buy an album I like on a record that sounds meh, or buy an album I don't care all that much for on a record that blows my ears off. When I find a genie this won't be a problem anymore.
the upcoming slate of the Interscope stuff doesn’t seem too up my alley. Don’t need No Doubt or Elliott Smith (I’ll get a better pressing of that for cheaper). I think them just reusing plates from previous pressings (for the most part) means that I’m not running out to grab some of these. At least VMP has exclusive masterings and quality is better. Totally get that the curation is subjective and agree it’s meh from VMP most of the time but at least I tend to like 1 out of 5 albums per month there enough to buy it. Kinda a shame VMP can’t do some of the Interscope titles as I have no doubt they would make them sound better.

Not really siubsxription related but sort of. When I originally signed up I got a 20% off code for something in their store that I didn’t use and now can’t find it when there is something I would buy. Anyone have a code they aren’t using?

Not really siubsxription related but sort of. When I originally signed up I got a 20% off code for something in their store that I didn’t use and now can’t find it when there is something I would buy. Anyone have a code they aren’t using?
thought it was a generic code?

1718317910653.png

Back