May 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge - A Crash Course for the Ravers

Day 22 - Blackout
I'm under Japanese influence and my honour's at stake
Play something related to Japan

I usually check out anything in the bins that has an OBI, but this one specifically caught my eye. This was before I was full on into scores/soundtracks, but it was still something I hadn't seen before. It's re-recordings of tracks from various movies staring Charles Bronson and Alain Delon...but I couldn't leave it there with this awesome cover art.

The Screen Baroque Ensemble Featuring Hiroki Tamaki Quartet – Charles Bronson & Alain Delon (The Best Of Screen Themes Vol. 2)
Liberty – LTP-9024, 1971

Manufactured by Toshiba Musical Industries Ltd.

eEc2Fs.jpg

Un4EZL.jpg

Day 15 - Brian Eno birthday May 15
Along with the Berlin trilogy, Eno helped produce 1. Outside. A cyber noir concept album with a government official investigating if a murder is an “art crime”.
Play something criminal

Domenic Palermo had his brush with the law.
From the Wikipedia page:

Following his stint in jail and done with performing in punk bands, Palermo spent a long time soul-searching. He has said, "I didn't know what else to do with my life, what would make me want to wake up every day. I really struggled with that for like four years and, not to sound dramatic or anything, but I thought about blowing my brains out every day". Palermo eventually began making music again, and released a demo, Poshlost, under the name "Nothing" in 2011.

The album title is prison slang for fighting

Nothing - Dance on the Blacktop

880C4775-84C8-47A1-9A5A-7D9682C61398.jpeg

Back