Movies

Good clarification. It wouldn't make sense for Sony to drop physical media when they just won the business from Disney to do all of their physical media. So Sony is ceasing production of WRITEABLE physical media in Japan.

Good clarification. It wouldn't make sense for Sony to drop physical media when they just won the business from Disney to do all of their physical media. So Sony is ceasing production of WRITEABLE physical media in Japan.
I was honestly thinking that something about Sony just bucking physical media completely didn't seem right. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know corporations are evil and stupid, but as others have pointed out, Sony is pretty much the only major studio left that has a vested interest in keeping theaters and physical media afloat since they haven't jumped headfirst into the streaming wars like the rest of their competition. So for Sony of all companies to suddenly stop producing Blu-rays and the like would be really headscratching. Now if this announcement was coming from someone like Warner Bros. or Disney, that would be a lot more believable.

ironically enough, recently i’ve been looking to get into the blu-ray collecting game. have only bought a couple of stuff, and literally the one thing that entices me to get a ps5 is that they can natively play 4k blu-ray!!

long live physical media pls

ironically enough, recently i’ve been looking to get into the blu-ray collecting game. have only bought a couple of stuff, and literally the one thing that entices me to get a ps5 is that they can natively play 4k blu-ray!!

long live physical media pls
That’s why I went PS3 a decade+ ago, Blu-Ray capability. 4K doesn’t entice me enough to get a device yet, but may jump on the PS5 when they announce the pro later this year (the slim should drop in cost)

That’s why I went PS3 a decade+ ago, Blu-Ray capability. 4K doesn’t entice me enough to get a device yet, but may jump on the PS5 when they announce the pro later this year (the slim should drop in cost)
i already have a ps4 to play regular blu-ray, and my sister also has a soundboard home theater in the living room where i have the ps4, so im good for now. but yea, thats what im hoping too, the upgrade to 4k looks enticing to me

For how poorly this was reviewed I actually enjoyed it because of the cast. It certainly could have been a lot better, but not bad for a first outing from the M. Night's spawn.

MV5BZjNlYjg5YzYtMmU4ZC00MzA4LWE5YWYtNTJlOTkyZmQ0YzdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,0,190,281_.jpg

For how poorly this was reviewed I actually enjoyed it because of the cast. It certainly could have been a lot better, but not bad for a first outing from the M. Night's spawn.

MV5BZjNlYjg5YzYtMmU4ZC00MzA4LWE5YWYtNTJlOTkyZmQ0YzdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_QL75_UX190_CR0,0,190,281_.jpg
Read the book for book club this month, and it was decent. I'll probably wait till it's on one of my streaming subs to watch though. Heard they changed a few things form the book and not necessarily for the better. I ended up coming up with a list of movies that gave me more of certain elements that the book felt thin on/left me wanting: It Comes At Night, You're Not My Mother, and the upcoming Cuckoo. (Y'all, I'm excited for more folks to see Cuckoo when it gets its wide release this August. It's the superior of NEON's mid-year horror releases opposite Longlegs, IMO.)

I haven't caught up enough in Servant to see Ishana Night Shyamalan's episodes yet, but I've heard good things for the middle seasons. Looks like she directed a second unit on M. Night's Old and his Knock at the Cabin adaptation.

Finally caught Inside Out 2. It was enjoyable. I thought it was funnier than the first one but didn't have the emotional impact of the first one. You just can't top Bing Bong story arc. I fear we've hit the death of original ideas with Pixar and now we're just getting sequels and prequels from them since this one will hit 1 billion worldwide and the others like Elemental did not.

inside out 2 is fine for a Pixar movie, but having been disappointed/bored by other sequels like Incredibles 2, toy story 4, dory etc., i could barely tolerate this one. but yea, it’s wild to me that this is the biggest box office of the year, i still remember when the first one came out some years ago, so to me, the inside out series still feels like a new-ish entry

My first blu-ray player was a PS3 back in 08 or 09 and the fan was so distracting that within a week i had gotten a standard blu-ray player haha

My first blu-ray player was a PS3 back in 08 or 09 and the fan was so distracting that within a week i had gotten a standard blu-ray player haha
Haha I got mine in 2010 so it wasn’t the fat one. Still using it it to this day. My family got the fat one when it came out and yeah, it didn’t last.

Back