Movies

I watch the original Nosferatu pretty regularly for a film made 102 years ago. Max Shreck is still the best of the vamps.

If you dig that film and have never crossed paths with this, it's great fun...

I always think about this story from Lauren Bacall whenever Nosferatu comes up:

"Yes, I saw Twilight - my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever.
After the 'film' was over I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe, but I do not want a (tell-all) book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die.
So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau's 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, 'Now that's a vampire film!' And that goes for all of you! Watch Nosferatu instead!"

Picked up the Amazon.jp exclusive version of Godzilla: Minus One 4K since it's the only physical release available. Am i able to watch it? Yes. Will i understand what is said? No, as it only has Japanese subs and while i'm currently (trying to) learn Japanese i am no where near good enough to watch it with Japanese subs lol

IMG_7910.jpeg

Picked up the Amazon.jp exclusive version of Godzilla: Minus One 4K since it's the only physical release available. Am i able to watch it? Yes. Will i understand what is said? No, as it only has Japanese subs and while i'm currently (trying to) learn Japanese i am no where near good enough to watch it with Japanese subs lol

View attachment 207530

ah, yes. the correct way to watch this 💯

Just finished The Devil's Bath on Shudder (from the directors of The Lodge and Goodnight Mommy). Bleak as hell and really freaking good.
Excellent folk horror imagery and atmosphere of dread. Keeps you in suspense until the passage at close, which hits like a hammer to the gut.

Recommended if you like Hagazussa, The Nightingale, The VVitch.

ems.jpg

Back