Movies

Took the oldest kid to see Alien Romulus last night. We enjoyed it but man it felt really familiar. Almost as if they took pieces exactly from each previous Alien movie. I enjoyed it. It was set really well and you felt like you were definitely in the same universe. The cast were all great. I didn't mind the controversial aspect other than it should've been a practical effect and not CGI. It was pretty wild at the end. I will restate my position that they need to stop making sequels/prequels and do a damned faithful version of the great Aliens vs. Predator comic from Dark Horse Comics.

Better than Captain Marvel. But man, Marvel really need to start giving these VFX companies the time needed to finish the shots. So many janky scenes that looked like they were 80% done, tops.

IMG_8092.jpeg

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 1
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Iron Man
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America: Civil War
Black Panther
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America: The First Avenger
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Thor Ragnarok
Eternals
Doctor Strange
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Avengers: Endgame
The Marvels
Spider-Man: No Way Home
Iron Man 3
Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
Black Widow
Iron Man 2
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man And The Wasp
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania
Thor: The Dark World
Thor Love And Thunder

Attachments

• IMG_8092.jpeg
    IMG_8092.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 0
Better than Captain Marvel. But man, Marvel really need to start giving these VFX companies the time needed to finish the shots. So many janky scenes that looked like they were 80% done, tops.

View attachment 212361

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 1
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Avengers
Iron Man
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America: Civil War
Black Panther
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America: The First Avenger
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Thor Ragnarok
Eternals
Doctor Strange
Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Avengers: Endgame
The Marvels
Spider-Man: No Way Home
Iron Man 3
Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings
Black Widow
Iron Man 2
Captain Marvel
Ant-Man And The Wasp
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness
Ant-Man And The Wasp: Quantumania
Thor: The Dark World
Thor Love And Thunder
Based on these ranking I assume you are all in on James Gunn future DC relaunch?

Took the oldest kid to see Alien Romulus last night. We enjoyed it but man it felt really familiar. Almost as if they took pieces exactly from each previous Alien movie. I enjoyed it. It was set really well and you felt like you were definitely in the same universe. The cast were all great. I didn't mind the controversial aspect other than it should've been a practical effect and not CGI. It was pretty wild at the end. I will restate my position that they need to stop making sequels/prequels and do a damned faithful version of the great Aliens vs. Predator comic from Dark Horse Comics.
I feel this way about every Alien movie except the 1st actually. I mean I enjoy them but I can't help but to feel the story is almost too familiar.

Speed is better than most of those though and It’s at least equal to Die Hard.
IDK about equal. Die Hard has an action-noir essence about it that most of the pure action films of the 80s failed to capture. They were basically the Nirvana of action films. Ushered in a completely new genre based on what they did in the late 80s. No gimmicks, just do the damn thing.

IDK about equal. Die Hard has an action-noir essence about it that most of the pure action films of the 80s failed to capture. They were basically the Nirvana of action films. Ushered in a completely new genre based on what they did in the late 80s. No gimmicks, just do the damn thing.
If Die Hard is Nirvana then Speed is Dogstar, standing on the shoulders of what came before to reach greater heights.

Back