Movies

Soul is great!

Onward and Turning Red are both pretty good too.
Never saw onward but liked the other two well enough. Think the last one I thoroughly loved was probably Coco, and before that Toy Story 3. I don't expect them to ever hit the peaks of their heyday in the aughts again, but it's a shame they don't even really seem interested in trying.

My issues with IO2 only accentuated after seeing The Wild Robot today. What a lovely movie. Smart, sincere and a bit dark in a way that animated kids movies are not as often these days. The top Letterboxd review says the best Pixar movie of the last 15 years was made by DreamWorks, which is surprisingly apt.

Also Chris Sanders, the director, has a career that goes eay back to Beauty and the Beast and Lion King among others. He directed Lilo and Stitch How to Train Your Dragon among other bangers too. Would be nice to see him finally win an oscar for this one.

We went to Transformers One, and while it's no Wild Robot it is a fun time. I'm a baby of the 80s, and this movie is more in line with what I grew up with than the Bay films.

My daughter (age 15) loved it enough that she's currently designing her own Transformer costume for Halloween. Cardboard is everywhere.

We went to Transformers One, and while it's no Wild Robot it is a fun time. I'm a baby of the 80s, and this movie is more in line with what I grew up with than the Bay films.

My daughter (age 15) loved it enough that she's currently designing her own Transformer costume for Halloween. Cardboard is everywhere.
I think Optimus Prime having a mouth instead of a mask is a non-starter for me.

Is Letterboxd just not gonna update this to say 2024 or is this I filter I need to change?

View attachment 215804
Hmm not sure why yours says that.

Screenshot_20241011_004348_Letterboxd.jpg

JK, I think I know why. You aren;t logging your movies with a watched date, so it's not creating a diary entry for them, it just adds to your Films page as "watched" (not when). The last films you logged with a date were in April last year. (You also may not be appearing in friends' activity feeds since no "event" is being made to say when your watch occured.

Last edited:
Back