Movies

i really need to rewatch Prometheus again. I really liked it when i saw it in theaters but that doesn't seem to be the consensus. I haven't seen it since
Same. I think I’d still enjoy it. Most people seem to not like it within the context of the other Alien films, but I think it stood up well on its own. Noomi Rapace is a formidable lead, Fassbender a formidable android. Then you’ve got signature aliens popping outta people and humanoid creatures. It had that signature space slow burn. What’s not to like.

Same. I think I’d still enjoy it. Most people seem to not like it within the context of the other Alien films, but I think it stood up well on its own. Noomi Rapace is a formidable lead, Fassbender a formidable android. Then you’ve got signature aliens popping outta people and humanoid creatures. It had that signature space slow burn. What’s not to like.
I'll be honest, I went into it blind - not knowing it's part of Alien. I thought it had suspiciously similar vibes but realized at the very end lol.

It's one of my wife's favorite movies. She watches it every couple months for years....
I am with your wife, Prometheus and Covenant are excellent and they add some interesting and thought provoking lore to the franchise. I think maybe that’s not what most people are looking for in the Alien Franchise and I will say that I had to read an explainer which used added context from the original script. I feel like Scott could have done a better job getting those points across but I think they would have needed another movie (or an extra hour to each film to really translate those ideas fully across the films.

Last edited:
I am with your wife, Prometheus and Covenant are excellent and they some interesting and thought provoking lore to the franchise. I think maybe that’s not what most people are looking for in the Alien Franchise and I will say that I had to read an explainer which used added context from the original script. I feel like Scott could have done a better job getting those points across but I think they would have needed another movie (or an extra hour to each film to really translate those ideas fully across the films.
I hope they make a final one to complete David's story. He designed the face hugger and eggs which is found in the Engineer ship on LV-426 and Ash mentioned "perfect organism" so Weyland Corp. must have heard/had contact with David.

Not to get into specifics but I think Romulus connects a few dots here
I don't want dots, i want a movie!

brat-tantrum.gif

I am with your wife, Prometheus and Covenant are excellent and they add some interesting and thought provoking lore to the franchise. I think maybe that’s not what most people are looking for in the Alien Franchise and I will say that I had to read an explainer which used added context from the original script. I feel like Scott could have done a better job getting those points across but I think they would have needed another movie (or an extra hour to each film to really translate those ideas fully across the films.

I enjoyed Prometheus well enough, and I think it's because it has enough of what Scott does well (particularly, cool visuals and overall vibes) to overcome script and character issues. If you don't just sit back and enjoy the ride, you either have to think about it a lot or not at all for the plot to really work all the way through...

i really need to rewatch Prometheus again. I really liked it when i saw it in theaters but that doesn't seem to be the consensus. I haven't seen it since
I am of the Team that things it is a terrible movie. I really like the actors and I don't even mind if it's part of the alien franchise but I think it's a terribly written mess where theirs many flaws in the story and the characters mainly act to progress story points or suspense but often times completely out of character

Last edited:
Back