Movies

so...Megalopolis. I thought it was technically good, in the sense that the production design was good, the camera was in focus

nerds are the new bullies.

I thought I posted my review of it here but maybe not? I in no way regret seeing it. It's that type of completely batshit that becomes enjoyable presuming you find whats happening funny. That said, it's no Southland Tales... a heavily criticized, messy af film that is masterful in its satire in spite of it's indesipherbale sci-fi.

My LB review--

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241004_220247_Letterboxd.jpg
    Screenshot_20241004_220247_Letterboxd.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 3
I thought I posted my review of it here but maybe not? I in no way regret seeing it. It's that type of completely batshit that becomes enjoyable presuming you find whats happening funny. That said, it's no Southland Tales... a heavily criticized, messy af film that is masterful in its satire in spite of it's indesipherbale sci-fi.

My LB review--
Yes
Nobody told me I was going to a Southland Tales sequel when I bought a ticket to Megaopolis.

I liked the first one better. It's sci-fi was equally indesipherbale but it's satire landed with force and vision and it's themes were parsable. Megalopolis is the film equivalent of word salad.

That said, I was wildly entertained during every second of Copala's dazzling mess and was giggling to the point of tears at serval points. 10 years from now it's gonna be one of those cult films that gets played on the TV's at hipster bars.

Back