Movies

They just all launched out of a plane in their cars and used parachutes to land safely. Now I'm no physics expert but I think a car/gravity might be to much for a parachute.

A parachute can work (or, perhaps better, help) with a bigger thing like a car, but it needs to be a much bigger, stronger parachute, of course. Tanks have been dropped successfully from planes this way... A parachute was also part of landing the Curiosity rover on Mars, which is the size of a small car, but since the atmosphere is much thinner, the parachute was 70-feet across and was only one part of the landing process.

A parachute can work (or, perhaps better, help) with a bigger thing like a car, but it needs to be a much bigger, stronger parachute, of course. Tanks have been dropped successfully from planes this way... A parachute was also part of landing the Curiosity rover on Mars, which is the size of a small car, but since the atmosphere is much thinner, the parachute was 70-feet across and was only one part of the landing process.
Well, in on example a car was spinning forward while it's parachute was deployed so I'm gonna go out on a limb that they didn't actually figure out the science behind it all

Well, in on example a car was spinning forward while it's parachute was deployed so I'm gonna go out on a limb that they didn't actually figure out the science behind it all

Given the way those movies work, I bet there was one guy working on it that looked it up and wanted to explain how it should work, but seven seconds into his explanation they fired him and promoted the guy that said "what if thing spins and other thing go boom, then cars go vroom?"

The action is too much green screen cgi junk. Had they actually done stunt work it would have helped a bunch.

I get CGI if it’s dinosaurs or spaceships or superheroes but for cars driving fast and exploding they could actually do that.
they actually do a pretty significant amount of practical work on at least a few of those

Back