Pipe-Eye – Pipe-Defy
Roy Hargrove’s Crisol – Grand-Terre
John Zorn — New Masada Quartet, Vol. 3
Andrew Bird & Madison Cunningham – Cunningham Bird
Various – Songs For Sex
MC5 – Heavy Lifting
Jerry Cantrell – I Want Blood
W.H. Lung – Every Inch of Earth Pulsates
Kramer – POE – To One in Paradise (for Hal Willner)
Various – Can’t Steal My Fire: The Songs of David Olney
Various – Virtual Dreams II – Ambient Explorations In The House & Techno Age, Japan 1993-1999
Various – Even the Forest Hums: Ukrainian Sonic Archives 1971-1996

There are rumors that a new Sharon Van Etten album will drop tomorrow. Keep you 👀 our for that in case the rumor turns into reality.
I know there's a 🆕 single called "Afterlife" which is dropping 10.23.24 and there's a watch party that same day at 10 am ET where SVE & The Attachment Theory will be present for a Q&A but beyond that 🤷

Last edited:
Radar List for 10.18.24

Aerialists – I Lost My Heart On Friday
Fantastic Negrito – Son Of A Broken Man
Lyrics Born – Goodbye, Sticky Rice
Kelly Lee Owens – Dreamstate
Joy Oladokun – Observations From A Crowded Room
Sarah Neufeld / Richard Reed Parry / Rebecca Foon – First Sounds
Pipe-Eye – Pipe-Defy
Roy Hargrove’s Crisol – Grand-Terre
John Zorn — New Masada Quartet, Vol. 3
Andrew Bird & Madison Cunningham – Cunningham Bird
Various – Songs For Sex
MC5 – Heavy Lifting
Jerry Cantrell – I Want Blood
W.H. Lung – Every Inch of Earth Pulsates
Kramer – POE – To One in Paradise (for Hal Willner)
Various – Can’t Steal My Fire: The Songs of David Olney
Various – Virtual Dreams II – Ambient Explorations In The House & Techno Age, Japan 1993-1999
Various – Even the Forest Hums: Ukrainian Sonic Archives 1971-1996

Lyrics Born is actually next week, but I missed this one for this week:

Happy NMF!

Just finished my first run through of the new Kelly Lee Owens album, Dreamstate. This is her fourth LP and it's 10 tracks, 44 minutes. As expected with a KLO album, there are some electronic and dance bangers. Lead single, 'Love You Got', is surely a standout and one of my favourite songs of the year. But even more so, KLO's vocals on this album are stunning and the true highlight for me. I will definitely be revisiting this album more over this weekend, just to immerse myself with some better headphones listens (I listened while driving to work this morning). But I would say that Dreamstate has very strong potential to find a spot on my AOTY list.

Interesting side note, Bandcamp and Spotify have track 2 and 3 mismatched. But I believe the Spotify order is correct with the title track at track 2 and Love You Got at track 3.

Happy NMF!

Just finished my first run through of the new Kelly Lee Owens album, Dreamstate. This is her fourth LP and it's 10 tracks, 44 minutes. As expected with a KLO album, there are some electronic and dance bangers. Lead single, 'Love You Got', is surely a standout and one of my favourite songs of the year. But even more so, KLO's vocals on this album are stunning and the true highlight for me. I will definitely be revisiting this album more over this weekend, just to immerse myself with some better headphones listens (I listened while driving to work this morning). But I would say that Dreamstate has very strong potential to find a spot on my AOTY list.

Interesting side note, Bandcamp and Spotify have track 2 and 3 mismatched. But I believe the Spotify order is correct with the title track at track 2 and Love You Got at track 3.

Enjoyed this far more than the previous releases from the past two years. The title track and "Air" are excellent cuts.

New Japandroids is really good. I had the lowest expectations for it since their last one was sub-par. There's maybe 3 above average songs on that one and it fell way too flat. I saw a comment that said this new album feels like a follow up to Post-Nothing and Near to the Wild Heart of Life was a follow up to Celebration Rock. I went into listening to it with that in my mind and it feels 100% accurate. The guitar sound from Post-Nothing is almost there on a few tracks. The vocals are cleaner but they'd probably be better songs if they were a little rough like on Post-Nothing. Overall there's no duds on this new one after one listen.

Last edited:
Radar List for 10.25.24

Sun Ra & His Arkestra – Kingdom of Discipline
Amythyst Kiah – Still + Bright
Naked Roommate – Pass The Loofah
Che Noir – The Lotus Child
Koki Nakano – Ululō
Various – D.O.A.: No Escape From What You Are
Florence + The Machine – Symphony of Lungs (BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall)
Lyrics Born – Goodbye, Sticky Rice
Flock – Flock II
Moin – You Never End
The Oak Ridge Boys – Mama’s Boys
Igmar Thomas' Revive Big Band – Like A Tree It Grows
They Might Be Giants – Beast of Horns
The Eggmen Whoooooo! – Fuzzy Eggs, Please
Iskre – Refurl
Yo-Yo Ma & Kathryn Stott – Merci
Underworld – Strawberry Hotel
Anna McClellan – Electric Bouquet
Various Artists – Time Capsule: Tokyo Riddim Vol. 2 1979-1986