New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I'm going to experiment with putting just a tiny drop of Photo-Flo into the cleaning fluid as a wetting agent to allow the water to get into the grooves. Will report back.

The Game sounds very good, by the way. Obviously the unit can't fix wear or pressing flaws, but it sure seems to be doing its job.

I did a 10 minute deep clean of an original press of Abraxas that I had previously vacuum cleaned with 5 minute TTVJ soaks on each side, and it sounds way better now. So if your record is particularly grimy, like 50 years of grime, this thing does the job.

Had a Vpi H17f for 20+ years. Every record in my shelves had been cleaned with it using several different cleaning solutions with Audio Intelligent products being the most preferred. Three years ago the Audio Desk Systeme replaced it and there is absolutely no comparison between the two setups and there is no going back to a vacuum system. Convenience and ease of use with the ultrasonic is clearly better but the slam dunk winner is how much better the cleaned records sound. No sideways move for those coming from other cleaning methods. The price of the Humminguru should make for a whole world of cleaner records and that’s a good thing. 👍👍

Had a Vpi H17f for 20+ years. Every record in my shelves had been cleaned with it using several different cleaning solutions with Audio Intelligent products being the most preferred. Three years ago the Audio Desk Systeme replaced it and there is absolutely no comparison between the two setups and there is no going back to a vacuum system. Convenience and ease of use with the ultrasonic is clearly better but the slam dunk winner is how much better the cleaned records sound. No sideways move for those coming from other cleaning methods. The price of the Humminguru should make for a whole world of cleaner records and that’s a good thing. 👍👍
This is the kind of review I was hoping to see. The comparison of the two is the biggest thing for me. Thanks for this!

I put a single drop of Photo-Flo into the tank and it works nicely. I wouldn't do more than that, though.

As a newish owner of a VPI 16.5, this is not the kind of review I needed to see.

This is the kind of review I was hoping to see. The comparison of the two is the biggest thing for me. Thanks for this!
Note that @OMC was comparing a VPI vacuum cleaner to an Audio Desk Systeme ultrasonic cleaner, which costs around $4k. If the HummingGuru is well-made and performs comparably to the current ultrasonic cleaners on the market, for a fraction of the cost, then I'm totally onboard, and the early returns are promising.

Note that @OMC was comparing a VPI vacuum cleaner to an Audio Desk Systeme ultrasonic cleaner, which costs around $4k. If the HummingGuru is well-made and performs comparably to the current ultrasonic cleaners on the market, for a fraction of the cost, then I'm totally onboard, and the early returns are promising.
Oh totally. I'm liking what I'm hearing so far too.

dang - when's my fedex notice coming?

UgXRVC.gif

As a newish owner of a VPI 16.5, this is not the kind of review I needed to see.
Apples vs expensive oranges. The VPI is a good machine that is hand built in new jersey by someone making a living wage, parts will be available for it as long as the company is around and it does a very good job keeping records clean as well. Breathe.

Last edited:
Back