New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Apple and expensive oranges. The VPI is a good machine that is hand built in new jersey by someone making a living wage, parts will be available for it as long as the company is around and it does a very good job keeping records clean as well. Breathe.
Agreed. Hey I'm truly glad everyone is happy with their Humminguru, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a VPI RCM. I've had my 16.5 for years, I've run all my records through it and have 0 maintenance issues or audible issues. Pick a record, cleaned in 60 seconds and on the platter. Deep cleans take a little more, but the result is the same. If a record is beyond help, nothings going to fix it.

Apples vs expensive oranges. The VPI is a good machine that is hand built in new jersey by someone making a living wage, parts will be available for it as long as the company is around and it does a very good job keeping records clean as well. Breathe.
Agreed. Hey I'm truly glad everyone is happy with their Humminguru, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a VPI RCM. I've had my 16.5 for years, I've run all my records through it and have 0 maintenance issues or audible issues. Pick a record, cleaned in 60 seconds and on the platter. Deep cleans take a little more, but the result is the same. If a record is beyond help, nothings going to fix it.

Noone said there was anything wrong with the VPI. Glad you all like your VPIs (they seem great) but many people don't find them affordable and/or are interested in the ultrasonic cleaning, which until the h-guru was even more unaffordable than a VPI.

How about you all take a breath and go about your VPI business elsewhere instead of sales-pitching in this thread or poo-pooing people who are just excited to see where this experiment takes them.

Noone said there was anything wrong with the VPI. Glad you all like your VPIs (they seem great) but many people don't find them affordable and/or are interested in the ultrasonic cleaning, which until the h-guru was even more unaffordable than a VPI.

How about you all take a breath and go about your VPI business elsewhere instead of sales-pitching in this thread or poo-pooing people who are just excited to see where this experiment takes them.
Yikes, talk about taking things the wrong way. My apologies to anyone I've offended.

you got anything yet Mike ? seems like @folsom_lives had his shipped out allready while having a higher number than us

i haven't seen anything yet :( no label created or shipping notice. but i'm not sure if i have the fedex notifications set up.

They put out an update on the gram.

They said that their logistics dept told them to ship everything with extra purchases from pledge box first. Solo machines are being dispatched after by backer number.

They put out an update on the gram.

They said that their logistics dept told them to ship everything with extra purchases from pledge box first. Solo machines are being dispatched after by backer number.
That explains why mine might have shipped on the early side through PledgeBox - I got spare filters and rollers + adapters.

Back