New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

So it's basically a DS-Audio Ionizer but ugly.

ds-audio-ion-001_14966_0.jpg

Do you think, in order to use this hovering anti-static platter apparatus, I need to remove the futuristic tiny leaf blower that affixes to my spindle and technologically removes dust and microscopic detritus from my vinyl records while playing?

Hmmmm....we could redesign the turntable to accommodate all of this.
Say we make a 3-4" high x 16" x 16" or so casing.
Miniaturize all the components to fit in the box.
We could put a slit in the front of the box to slide the LP in, this way no need to open a cover for access and allow additional dust.
Of course the stylus will automatically play the LP.......better yet, we redesign the stylus to be touch free so as not to wear the LP

Hmmmm.....i think i have one of these.

I love my Humminguru, have been using G2, and purchased Reverse Osmosis water as my cleaning agent. Just recently, I installed a Reverse Osmosis water tap in my house, and I was thinking this might open some options for me.

Tergikleen is my preferred cleaner, but the one issue is that it needs to be rinsed off, so it hasn't been a great option for Humminguru. Now that I have unlimited RO water, I'm thinking I can use Tergikleen again and rinse off in a second bowl.

Does anyone have experience with this method?

I love my Humminguru, have been using G2, and purchased Reverse Osmosis water as my cleaning agent. Just recently, I installed a Reverse Osmosis water tap in my house, and I was thinking this might open some options for me.

Tergikleen is my preferred cleaner, but the one issue is that it needs to be rinsed off, so it hasn't been a great option for Humminguru. Now that I have unlimited RO water, I'm thinking I can use Tergikleen again and rinse off in a second bowl.

Does anyone have experience with this method?
I use Tergitol. I don't rinse off. And I haven't had a problem with that.

Is it normal for the water level to go down after several washes? I just looked after maybe 25-30 records cleaned and the basin was about 1/3rd less than the 12" mark. I know water will be lost due to it staying on the record during drying, but that seems like quite a bit. I turned the machine upside and doesn't seem the water is escaping elsewhere.

Is it normal for the water level to go down after several washes? I just looked after maybe 25-30 records cleaned and the basin was about 1/3rd less than the 12" mark. I know water will be lost due to it staying on the record during drying, but that seems like quite a bit. I turned the machine upside and doesn't seem the water is escaping elsewhere.
Yes, you lose a little water to evaporation each cycle. That seems about normal for that many records.

Thanks. Next Q, just got to a record that won’t spin. Only one of my rollers is rolling. Should both be spinning or just the one?
Only one rolls. The record you are cleaning is likely a bit smaller than the standard size.

Only one rolls. The record you are cleaning is likely a bit smaller than the standard size.

Any drawback in just doing a manual spin while the machine runs?

Back