New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Bought the new version. Will report when it comes in. I paid for expedited shipping, so hopefully no weird shipping (granted its coming from china so we'll see)
It could be that they have a depot here now, but when I bought mine original model last year I picked the slow boat option and it still got here in only a couple days to my surprise.

Bought the new version. Will report when it comes in. I paid for expedited shipping, so hopefully no weird shipping (granted its coming from china so we'll see)
Rad, report back. Mine is still trucking along without issues, so I couldn't really justify the upgrade, but it does look pretty nice.

has anyone tried their stylus cleaner BTW?
I bought one off Amazon a while back but it had issues and I ended up returning it and just sticking to Blu-Tack. By all accounts it works well (if you don't get a lemon like I did).

I was reminded this morning that I had a copy of the La La Land soundtrack that I remembered being frustratingly noisy, even after multiple sessions with the Squeaky Clean. Dug it out this morning and popped it into the Guru, and it is now shockingly listenable.

@Melt Face Molly Drop I hope your new unit works well for you. It really has been one of my favorite investments in the hobby.

@Melt Face Molly Drop I hope your new unit works well for you. It really has been one of my favorite investments in the hobby.
I appreciate that. So far, I’ve made it past where I was last time, which is cleaning a second record. Results of the first cleaned record were immediate. It was a new record with pops and crackles but it’s now absolutely silent.

Side question, what has been your success rate for records cleaned per tank? I’m sure it ranges from how dirty to whether or not you’re doing a 2 or 5 minute clean.

I appreciate that. So far, I’ve made it past where I was last time, which is cleaning a second record. Results of the first cleaned record were immediate. It was a new record with pops and crackles but it’s now absolutely silent.

Side question, what has been your success rate for records cleaned per tank? I’m sure it ranges from how dirty to whether or not you’re doing a 2 or 5 minute clean.
Really just depends how dirty the records were to begin with. I tend to give everything a 5 minute clean and selectively push it 10 on used finds. I eyeball the drainage tank between cleans to see how gunky it’s getting.

Are you using G-Sonic or Humminguru’s own surfactant? Really takes it to the next level.

Really just depends how dirty the records were to begin with. I tend to give everything a 5 minute clean and selectively push it 10 on used finds. I eyeball the drainage tank between cleans to see how gunky it’s getting.

Are you using G-Sonic or Humminguru’s own surfactant? Really takes it to the next level.
Sweet. Yep, using G-Sonic. I think I put about 6-8 drops in a gallon of distilled.

50 a tub has been fine for me when bulk cleaning the whole collection.

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that after 250 cleans my fancy ass Degritter MKII has sprung a substantial leak so this sort of thing is not unique to the Guru because nothing is made well any more...

I hope it enjoys it's plane flight back to Estonia.

Last edited:
Well this was out of the blue. Thoughts if the added features are worth the price hike?

Here's hoping they sell just the new lid... but I suppose it doesn't fit the old machine?

Back