Online Vinyl Deals

Mine got here yesterday as well, in LP boxes too.

And for the record, both Master of Puppets and Metallica - Metallica were the Levi pressings :)
Guess I’ll have to place one more order then! My wife will be thrilled but I’ll tell her it was @AnthonyI ‘s fault. Hoping they are all those cuts and not a regional thing. Mine seem to ship from a warehouse and not a shop so should hopefully be good

When we first moved to Ecuador when I was a kid, we lived in a house that came with a housekeeper who lived with her family on the property. My mother cleaned houses for a living in the States, so she was not at all into the idea of having a maid. But it had these old wood floors that the owner wanted waxed and buffed every other week so he insisted that the maid at least do that to maintain the property. It was labor intensive.

There weren't washing machines or dryers in the country then, so everything was done by hand. The previously family had this woman cook all their meals, do their laundry, clean, etc. It was a full time job. Even telling her that she didn't have to do any of that for us, she still tried. And she would get out one of those old irons that you put coals in and ironed creases into all my jeans. She also ironed my boxers with so much starch they could stand up on their own. I looked like a frickin' dork, which was traumatic for a 10 year old.

Once she realized that she was still getting to live on the property with her family and get paid the same without doing any of that for us, she relented. Occasionally though, we'd come home and I don't know if she was bored or what but she'd have snuck in and done all our clothes and ironed them to death.

When we first moved to Ecuador when I was a kid, we lived in a house that came with a housekeeper who lived with her family on the property. My mother cleaned houses for a living in the States, so she was not at all into the idea of having a maid. But it had these old wood floors that the owner wanted waxed and buffed every other week so he insisted that the maid at least do that to maintain the property. It was labor intensive.

There weren't washing machines or dryers in the country then, so everything was done by hand. The previously family had this woman cook all their meals, do their laundry, clean, etc. It was a full time job. Even telling her that she didn't have to do any of that for us, she still tried. And she would get out one of those old irons that you put coals in and ironed creases into all my jeans. She also ironed my boxers with so much starch they could stand up on their own. I looked like a frickin' dork, which was traumatic for a 10 year old.

Once she realized that she was still getting to live on the property with her family and get paid the same without doing any of that for us, she relented. Occasionally though, we'd come home and I don't know if she was bored or what but she'd have snuck in and done all our clothes and ironed them to death.
Initially I was like where did Hemo even mean for this post to go … then you brought it home.

Through Target, I ordered the new Uzumaki animated series vinyl and am trying the cancel trick, because I slacked too long on pulling the trigger and a Charles Burns book sold out.

I also bought the last 3 Junji Ito books I needed. Then placed an order with the Sufjan Silver & Gold box and 2 copies of a Vivian Maiet book so I could send one to my mom.

The selection used to be so much better for the type of stuff I buy. Now I can't even seem to find Yo La Tengo or Sonic Youth albums, let alone the super weird shit I used to get from them

Last edited:
Through Target, I ordered the new Uzumaki animated series vinyl and am trying the cancel trick, because I slacked too long on pulling the trigger and a Charles Burns book sold out.

I also bought the last 3 Junji Ito books I needed. Then placed an order with the Sufjan Silver & Gold box and 2 copies of a Vivian Maiet book so I could send one to my mom.

The selection used to be so much better for the type of stuff I buy. Now I can't even seem to find To La Tengo or Sonic Youth albums, let alone the super weird shit I used to get from them

It's rough. I think I only did the cancel trick once a few years back, but I did it for the three items I wanted this year because they were all vastly different price points. Even last year (post distributor change) I could find 3 of something at each price point I wanted. I know it doesn't happen often, but I'm hoping Cure - Paris and/or 10,000 Maniacs Unplugged come back in stock so I can clear out the rest of what's in my cart.

It's rough. I think I only did the cancel trick once a few years back, but I did it for the three items I wanted this year because they were all vastly different price points. Even last year (post distributor change) I could find 3 of something at each price point I wanted. I know it doesn't happen often, but I'm hoping Cure - Paris and/or 10,000 Maniacs Unplugged come back in stock so I can clear out the rest of what's in my cart.

I forgot that I also placed an order for a Rammellzee book, a pre-order for a Daniel Johnston book that Rizzoli is putting out in Spring, and a Steve Keene book. Overall, I placed a number of preorders and mostly got books.

The Steve Keene book is kind of fucked up, because it popped up as a suggestion asking if I wanted to order it "again." That told me that my wife had already ordered it for me as a Xmas present, so I just suggested to her that we reorder it, she returns one at full price and we pretend I didn't know about any of this.

Last edited:
Back