Online Vinyl Deals

I have a late August birthday and I remember NEVER having a birthday shoutout in elementary school.

Something about going back to school when the temps are still in the high 90s seems so cruel.
It’s different in the Pac NW than the Midwest regarding the school year. Obviously my experience with the school year in IL was fairly typical , a late August start, usually the week before Labor Day and and the school year would end in late May (depending on snow days) in Washington, since the climate is more temperate and it doesn’t really feel like summer until July; everything gets pushed about two or three weeks later, The last day of school is year isn’t until June 22 and the 2021-2022 School year didn’t get going until September 8.

I didn't notice that some items are not on sale. But I did write to CS four days ago about advertising and not honoring 30% off for VIPs -- they replied and asked me for screenshots, and then replied again and said they're working on fixing it. So perhaps they'll fix this soon or send out a separate code to VIP members for 30% off.

Another thing that frustrates me is they changed their rewards/points system. I recall a year or two ago udiscover made a big deal about changing the system so you could apply points earned to any order (with a slider bar). Something along the lines, "you complained, we listened." But now you can't do that very thing -- as soon as you apply a sale code your rewards are not applicable. Boo.
Very annoyed they changed the sale + rewards thing. Noticed that last time I ordered. Especially since they made a whole big deal about letting people do that about a year ago…

I didn't notice that some items are not on sale. But I did write to CS four days ago about advertising and not honoring 30% off for VIPs -- they replied and asked me for screenshots, and then replied again and said they're working on fixing it. So perhaps they'll fix this soon or send out a separate code to VIP members for 30% off.

Another thing that frustrates me is they changed their rewards/points system. I recall a year or two ago udiscover made a big deal about changing the system so you could apply points earned to any order (with a slider bar). Something along the lines, "you complained, we listened." But now you can't do that very thing -- as soon as you apply a sale code your rewards are not applicable. Boo.
I also wrote to CS on Monday, and I got a response that they're "looking into it."

I received a few emails announcing the sale because I've used the old move-the-period-in-your-gmail trick to take advantage of coupons before. The email to the address associated with my main account (the one with diamond status), was a little different. Rather than saying to use the Summer2022 code, it said to "use the code below," but there wasn't a code. I bet we were supposed to receive personalized codes to get 30% off, but they didn't get them out. I asked if they would send me my code when I emailed CS and that's when they said they were "looking into it." I've placed so many orders with them because of the deals to be had on Blue Note releases, but their CS really is the least helpful of any of the places I shop regularly.

I also wrote to CS on Monday, and I got a response that they're "looking into it."

I received a few emails announcing the sale because I've used the old move-the-period-in-your-gmail trick to take advantage of coupons before. The email to the address associated with my main account (the one with diamond status), was a little different. Rather than saying to use the Summer2022 code, it said to "use the code below," but there wasn't a code. I bet we were supposed to receive personalized codes to get 30% off, but they didn't get them out. I asked if they would send me my code when I emailed CS and that's when they said they were "looking into it." I've placed so many orders with them because of the deals to be had on Blue Note releases, but their CS really is the least helpful of any of the places I shop regularly.
Same issue with SOV. They haven't even bothered to reply to my email asking about the missing 5% yet.

I have a late August birthday and I remember NEVER having a birthday shoutout in elementary school.

Something about going back to school when the temps are still in the high 90s seems so cruel.

Same here; although I avoided the dreaded "birthday punches" that boys were so bent on raining down on me.
Late July birthday here and NO ONE showed up for your party because everyone took the last week of July to go on family vacations.

I don't know if it's a southern thing or what but we have always gotten out beginning of June and gone back mid August.
My kids got out of school 2 weeks ago and will go back in early August. They told us that it had to do with not having to run AC's in June in the schools, but running AC's in August is just as bad. 😂

Flying Saucer Attack albums are on sale at Drag City this weekend

They posted this on Reddit.

Hi folks,

We are a brick & mortar store in Charleston SC with a reasonably robust online presence too. As far as we can tell, it's allowed for us to post our deal here, but if anyone thinks we're out of line, let us know & we'll pull it down.

Every month, on the first Saturday of the month, we run a special we call Vinyl Saturday - 20% off all new & used vinyl. This sale is good online as well as in-person, and further applies to preorders. So if you're so inclined, check us out from midnight until midnight June 4th & take advantage of the sale.

We use Whiplash mailers & get stuff out the door pretty fast. Unfortunately, it's far too complicated to set up international shipping on our website, so to anyone across the border or overseas, we apologize.

Last caveat, most of our used vinyl is NOT on our website. That's a long term project, but we've got quite a lot of new vinyl.

Thank you for your attention, hope you can check us out. We welcome your comments.

Hi folks,

We are a brick & mortar store in Charleston SC with a reasonably robust online presence too. As far as we can tell, it's allowed for us to post our deal here, but if anyone thinks we're out of line, let us know & we'll pull it down.

Every month, on the first Saturday of the month, we run a special we call Vinyl Saturday - 20% off all new & used vinyl. This sale is good online as well as in-person, and further applies to preorders. So if you're so inclined, check us out from midnight until midnight June 4th & take advantage of the sale.

We use Whiplash mailers & get stuff out the door pretty fast. Unfortunately, it's far too complicated to set up international shipping on our website, so to anyone across the border or overseas, we apologize.

Last caveat, most of our used vinyl is NOT on our website. That's a long term project, but we've got quite a lot of new vinyl.

Thank you for your attention, hope you can check us out. We welcome your comments.

I think this might be @dhodo local if I recall?

Hi folks,

Have ordered from them a number of times and had good experiences.

Hi folks,

I’ve ordered numerous times from them …they good people 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Flying Saucer Attack albums are on sale at Drag City this weekend
one of my favorite bands of all time. they stand at the intersection of some of my favorite 90s genres (drone, psychedelia, shoegaze, post-rock) but the british folk influence gives their music a timelessness that and an emotional depth that i don't associate with their peers (roy montgomery, windy and carl, bardo pond, amp, movietone etc).

of their drag city records, "further" is probably the most often-cited, and is the most folk-indebted. it's also quite harrowing—definitely a winter record. of the drag city records, i'd point to more diverse "chorus" or the underrated, space-rocky "new lands" as more accessible points of entry.

one of my favorite bands of all time. they stand at the intersection of some of my favorite 90s genres (drone, psychedelia, shoegaze, post-rock) but the british folk influence gives their music a timelessness that and an emotional depth that i don't associate with their peers (roy montgomery, windy and carl, bardo pond, amp, movietone etc).

of their drag city records, "further" is probably the most often-cited, and is the most folk-indebted. it's also quite harrowing—definitely a winter record. of the drag city records, i'd point to more diverse "chorus" or the underrated, space-rocky "new lands" as more accessible points of entry.
What’s your take on Mirror?
I like the look of that one.

Hi folks,

Some great stuff here including some RSD releases on sale. If anybody was looking for that Ramones box set…

Agreed, love New Lands. Still my favourite of theirs is their first album. Listened to that one so much on summer nights in the early 90s. Rural psychedelia truly sums them up.

Back