Online Vinyl Deals

I'm thinking about jumping on this at $89. Anybody that has this, how's the quality? Would you recommend?
I've debated this one too but don't know that I'm enough of a Ramones fan to buy the whole box. I remember hearing good things about it--it was a RSD release.

I can't speak to the quality of the Ramones re-presses, but reading on Discogs there are a number of QC complaints, so temper expectations accordingly. Maybe direct from Rhino you have a better chance of having any problems resolved. Ramones albums do become a bit of a diminishing return in the later years, but for me, there were enough good songs to make them enjoyable at the time.

Brain Drain and Halfway to Sanity (last 2 of the 80s) are kind of expensive for clean copies, so $90 covers those two and you get the rest as well. The bonus disc looks fun!

If you like The Doors, The LA Woman Sessions is actually a blast. The recording is outstanding and it's interesting to hear every song on the album come together. I think the Morrison Hotel Sessions turned a lot of folks off on this one because the track selection was so limited.
That's exactly why I didn't even look at the LA Woman Sessions. I will rarely spin that MH record...it was kind of a waste. If I were to spend on something like that, I wish they included the actual record with it also, like Zep did.

Yeah, like this Depeche Mode 101. Goes from $21 to $31 pretty fast.

View attachment 160265

Yeah it looks like the shipping caps at $12....I had 101 and Dehumanizer in my cart and got hit with $12 shipping. I added a Sabbath box set to see what it would be and it still said $12.

The 101 and Dehumanizer are the only two I want but yeah idk if I can be bothered at nearly $30 each after shipping and tax

Yeah it looks like the shipping caps at $12....I had 101 and Dehumanizer in my cart and got hit with $12 shipping. I added a Sabbath box set to see what it would be and it still said $12.

The 101 and Dehumanizer are the only two I want but yeah idk if I can be bothered at nearly $30 each after shipping and tax
doh. i was mostly looking at the box sets which still seem like a pretty good deal. If Otis is 40% off even with the $12 shipping it's a solid deal.

I can't speak to the quality of the Ramones re-presses, but reading on Discogs there are a number of QC complaints, so temper expectations accordingly. Maybe direct from Rhino you have a better chance of having any problems resolved. Ramones albums do become a bit of a diminishing return in the later years, but for me, there were enough good songs to make them enjoyable at the time.

Brain Drain and Halfway to Sanity (last 2 of the 80s) are kind of expensive for clean copies, so $90 covers those two and you get the rest as well. The bonus disc looks fun!
I own this. I haven’t spun everything on it yet (I know, I know, shut up), but I don’t have any complaints with anything I have heard. It’s not their strongest album stretch, but I haven’t had an issue with these or any of the reissues I’ve heard.

Also, RSD price in that set was $150 +/-, so $80 is solid.

I have both the Otis and Ramones boxes and they are both stellar

Yeah, I was able to grab the Otis for 60ish shipped from SoV awhile back and was surprised just how solid it was overall. There's no real extras or anything extravagant but everything i've listened to in the box sounds great especially Otis Blue.

For anyone that hasn't seen the discogs page, a user broke down what cuts were used for the albums included..

Pain In My Heart is the AAA RSD 2014 reissue
Otis Blue is the AAA RSD 2015 reissue
Dock Of The Bay is the AAA Chris Bellman cut from 2014
The rest were cut from hi-res digital by Ian Sefchick that were released as part of the Stax 60 reissue series

That Ramones set is a bit tempting but California tax is terrible on top of the shipping charge so I think i'll wait out another inevitable deal on it but i'd def. like to explore those later album more.

I'm thinking about jumping on this at $89. Anybody that has this, how's the quality? Would you recommend?

I didn’t notice the issues mentioned on discogs but I wasn’t listening closely when i spun these. Had I not paid full price on RSD I would be all over this. As someone mentioned there are a couple albums in this set that are worth having and would probably cost close to the price of this set to buy originals. Even the worst of these albums have some killer songs. It should be noted that I reallly really like the Ramones and your enjoyment of these albums may vary. If you are more of a casual fan just stick with their first four albums which are their best.

I didn’t notice the issues mentioned on discogs but I wasn’t listening closely when i spun these. Had I not paid full price on RSD I would be all over this. As someone mentioned there are a couple albums in this set that are worth having and would probably cost close to the price of this set to buy originals. Even the worst of these albums have some killer songs. It should be noted that I reallly really like the Ramones and your enjoyment of these albums may vary. If you are more of a casual fan just stick with their first four albums which are their best.
I went ahead and got the box set! I figure it comes out to about $13 per album plus a nice box. I also threw in Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer for $19.19.

If anyone is looking for or gifting a turntable for X-mas, DeepDiscount has the Audio Technica AT-LP3BK for about $130 shipped with code SAVE30. Pretty fair price for that one.

well, deep discount was nice enough to cancel my order again. Not sure what the deal is that they keep canceling my orders.

I feel like maybe after my argument with the rep I've been put on a list. Maybe my picture behind the counter.
I'd be on that list too after the many arguments I've had with them. They're truly an awfully run business. If it wasn't for the great deals they sometimes have I'd never even look their way.

Back