Online Vinyl Deals

20% off for Father’s Day. Coupon code: dadwax

Some great stuff in there. Love the Air Volta and Karate box set

Thanks; I'm gonna check out the Air Volta.

That Branko Mataja and Charlie Megira - Tomorrow's gone are two major standouts for me that a lot of people may not be familiar with. I also love the Duster Box and Valium Aggelein, along with the Unwound reissues. Numero Group is great.

Stupid deal on the Tom Petty Wildflowers box at Plaid Room this week/end. $140/$130 depending on your appetite for dings (which in my experience from Plaid Room are always very minor).

20% off for Father’s Day. Coupon code: dadwax

Some great stuff in there. Love the Air Volta and Karate box set
Awesome!! Here are a few of my favorites from their catalog:
- Universal Togetherness Band - S/T
- Fathers Children - Who's Gonna Save the World
- Family Circle - S/T (Purdie drums)
- Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal (Gospel Compilation)

gotta check out the Branko and Charlie!

Both really unique. The Branko Mataja story alone is fascinating. Different moments almost sound like a haunted Zoltar machine, or acrobat music in the black lodge from Twin Peaks. Plus, he looks like Sean Penn from Sweet-n-Lowdown on the cover.

"Recalling Ennio Morricone spaghetti westerns, the electrified belly dance music of Omar Khorshid, and ’90s bedroom psychedelia at once, the music of Branko Mataja is from its own epoch. Snatched from the streets of Belgrade as a teenager, Mataja spent World War 2 in a German work camp, escaping the insanity of post-war Europe to settle in North Hollywood to live out the American Dream to its fullest. Crafting handmade music on homemade guitars throughout the 1970s, Mataja taught himself to play in order to pay homage to his ancestral home of Yugoslavia, a place he would never return to except through these guitar meditations."

Megira is Israeli but had a bit of a throwback 50s look and sound. His whole warbling dreamy vibe makes me think of the song "Sleep Walk" by Santo & Johnny. I'd imagine it's great music to surf to on promethazine.

That Air Volta is a great recommendation. I like it a lot. I'm trying to reel myself in, though, so I only grabbed the Unwound - Kid Is Gone box, since I've been wanting it.

is anyone else seeing on amazon 20% off on vinyl promo code: TELE20AB, if so has anyone got it to work for them? when i click redeem it says save 20% applied at checkout but when checking out it does not apply so i type in the promo and it says The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

is anyone else seeing on amazon 20% off on vinyl promo code: TELE20AB, if so has anyone got it to work for them? when i click redeem it says save 20% applied at checkout but when checking out it does not apply so i type in the promo and it says The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.
Yup.

Back