Political Discussion

I EDITED MY FUCKING POST GOD DAMN IT! Lol
4037dfea5a3c205a672a7d57fce6ac21.jpg

Oh my god, the Republicans have lost their fucking mind and are posting Walz’s Hotdish recipe everywhere to refute his White Guy Taco comment from the chat with Harris.

WE ARE NOT A SERIOUS COUNTRY!!!

Or claiming he is some kind of white Uncle Tom betraying his race for political points with the woke diverse crowd.

Oh my god, the Republicans have lost their fucking mind and are posting Walz’s Hotdish recipe everywhere to refute his White Guy Taco comment from the chat with Harris.

Or claiming he is some kind of white Uncle Tom betraying his race for political points with the woke diverse crowd.
If they are talking about Tim Walz hot dish and tacos recipe then they are losing.

Solid speech from Kamala today. Even as somebody who is searching for a 2 bedroom condo in Chicago (what cost 200k 4 years ago now costs 300k before higher interest rates are even considered), I'm against the 25k first time buyer credit. Everything else sounds solid.

However, I just realized how dire the Senate map is. There's almost no way Kamala has the Senate even if she wins. It would require Tester win (pro-gun state) and possible Texas (Cruz isn't losing with guns now on the ballot) or Florida (not happening with the new population boom even abortion and weed being on the ballot helps) flip.

Last edited:
They were talking about food. Harris asked how he ate tacos. He said “white guy tacos - basically ground beef and cheese.” She asked if there was any seasoning. He said no, black pepper was about as spicy as it got in Minnesota.

You know real dad energy. Fucking doofs.

I just googled it. He apparently won a state fair thing for a dish with green chillies which seems to be their focus. Still, I would presume he was joking.

Solid speech from Kamala today. Even as somebody who is searching for a 2 bedroom condo in Chicago (what cost 200k 4 years ago now costs 300k before higher interest rates are even considered), I'm against the 25k first time buyer credit. Everything else sounds solid.

However, I just realized how dire the Senate map is. There's almost no way Kamala has the Senate even if she wins. It would require Tester win and possible Texas (Cruz isn't winning with guns now on the ballot) or Florida (not happening with the new population boom even abortion and weed being on the ballot helps) flip.

Bummer.
Why are you against the $25k home buyers credit?

I wouldn’t have been able to get into my home had I not received first time home buyer grants from my state/county?

Yeah, the tight senate and house was partially why the Dems were pushing so hard to launch Biden. They felt they would have no chance with Biden being a major drag down ballot. The deck is definitely stacked against the Dems holding on to the Senate given how many seats they are defending but you never know what could happen Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, and Rick Scott are gigantic assholes. I mean I didn’t think I would see a Democratic Senator from Alabama in my lifetime but somehow Doug Jones was their Senator for a short while there.

Last edited:

Oh my lord. Politics just suck and make our country laughable to the rest of the world.

NPR recently aired a piece on how housing costs continue to be more and more unaffordable in more areas, and not just in cities.

And in some cases, the unaffordability can be extreme, like in one county in Wyoming. The counties median household income is 96k, yet the median home value is a little of $7 million. Even if your household income was 250k or even 300k, you could still not afford to buy a home there.

Why are prices so high? Billionaires are to blame. The Jackson's Hole area of Wyoming has become a hot spot for billionaires looking to buy a second house to vacation at. And if you are not a billionaire, you can not compete whatsoever in this housing market.

One person they interviewed grew up in this county said he works in construction here, but is forced to live on the other side of the mountain range because he can not afford a house here.

I hate how this is even allowed.

NPR recently aired a piece on how housing costs continue to be more and more unaffordable in more areas, and not just in cities.

And in some cases, the unaffordability can be extreme, like in one county in Wyoming. The counties median household income is 96k, yet the median home value is a little of $7 million. Even if your household income was 250k or even 300k, you could still not afford to buy a home there.

Why are prices so high? Billionaires are to blame. The Jackson's Hole area of Wyoming has become a hot spot for billionaires looking to buy a second house to vacation at. And if you are not a billionaire, you can not compete whatsoever in this housing market.

One person they interviewed grew up in this county said he works in construction here, but is forced to live on the other side of the mountain range because he can not afford a house here.

I hate how this is even allowed.
We see too much of this in Colorado and have for decades. It’s sad and ridiculous. Screw Ronald Reagan.

Back