Political Discussion

It was a good speech and I'm glad Biden had his moment. That said, this was going through my head when it was already 11:15 PM CST and the wife and I both had to get up at 5am this morning.

wrap-it-up-chappelles-show.gif

Loved that more people got to see Jasmine Crockett.

Because it's not the media. It's the corporate media. It's why CNN and the New York Times are going hard at the Democrats and not even bothering to fact check Trump. They want Trump back in the White House because it helps their corporate interests and their bottom line. Both were never more successful or relevant than the 4 years Trump was in the White House. Maureen Dowd had an opinion piece in the NY Times about how Biden needed to step aside. Just this week, she then had an opinion piece that what happened to Biden, something she called for, was still a coup. Honestly, I would not be sad if CNN and the NY Times crashed and burned.

Last edited:
Because it's not the media. It's the corporate media. It's why CNN and the New York Times are going hard at the Democrats and not even bothering to fact check Trump. They want Trump back in the White House because it helps their corporate interests and their bottom line. Both were never more successful or relevant than the 4 years Trump was in the White House. Maureen Dowd had an opinion piece in the NY Times about how Biden needed to step aside. Just this week, she then had an opinion piece that what happened to Biden, something she called for, was still a coup. Honestly, I would not be sad if CNN and the NY Times crashed and burned.
To be fair there is a lot more fact checking of Trump and it is often more damning.

It’s more accurate to point out the CNN basically just moved into the RNC for that week while they are in their normal studios for the DNC.

‘tis the season. 🤷

Is it just me, or does it always feel like it is the season these days. Yes, things are ramping up a lot as we head into the election. But it used to be just election season you saw the political ads. At least around here for the last couple years, it's as if they never stopped and are now running year round. You don't get a break from them.

I’m a non-active person when it comes to politics. My take is that ever since cheatolini rode the gold plated escalator he changed political discourse. When lie after lie is spewed his political opponents are compelled to respond, unfortunately. Since he lies constantly and needs to stay in the spotlight the “conversations” persist. I dunno.

I hope Kamala and Walz get debate tips from Mayor Pete. His does a tremendous job of fighting through the MAGA attempts to flood the zone with lies, what abouts, and anecdotes to knock the other person off their talking points. You have to take that bullshit in stride, continue on your point, and then circle back to destroy the BS they just tossed out.

Back