Political Discussion

06c7b1c9-08d4-4d43-853b-c1f3c0d492ed.thumb.png.4294e3a1b8fbc15742499faba582f3ab.png
He chose poorly.

And now, the fed is gonna cut rates… lol.

If one wanted to create a conspiracy about the deep state, the coincidence of a lot going right the last 3 months of the election would be an interesting premise.

It is going to be quite awhile b4 1/4 point rate cuts have an impact. Elections will be long over. But, yes rate cuts have been a long time coming. I rem 15% home loans in the 70s. Don’t need anything like that again.

RFK Jr. officially just dropped out of the race.
"Kennedy said his internal polls had showed that his presence in the race would hurt Trump and help Democratic nominee Kamala Harris. He cited free speech, the war in Ukraine and “a war on our children” as among the reasons to try to remove his name from the ballot in battleground states.

However, he made clear that he wasn't formally ending his bid and said his supporters could continue to back him in the majority of states where they are unlikely to sway the outcome. Kennedy took steps to withdraw his candidacy in at least two states late this week, Arizona and Pennsylvania.

Kennedy said the move followed conversations with Trump over the past few weeks."

This shit should be illegal.

I wanted to sit with this before reacting, but a couple of days later I'm still pretty baffled by this claim. Birtherism was the literal foundation of Trump's entry into presidential politics.
@DownIsTheNewUp's claim is strongly supported by political economic research on contemporary American politics, and the rise of someone like Trump was very much predicted in the research for years by those who said racism would be used as a gateway for authoritarianism if we failed to move away from the economics of neoliberalism. Birtherism was just a symptom of a much much longer history of economics that pitted White Americans against Black Americans to cover over the erosion of the middle class by offshoring and weakened worker protections as both parties sold out the government and the public in a wave of privatization and deregulation that started with Reagan. I'd be happy to suggest several great books on the topic if anyone is interested in learning about this all.

Back