Political Discussion

I’m in Kewanee, Illinois this weekend for the annual Hog Days Labor Day celebration. Old family tradition in the heartland of this nation. Big parade and associated hoopla with great traditions. An hour long parade with the usual high school marching bands, lots of tractor and semi pulled farm implements related to corn farming and local beauty queens of all ages. Great pork chop sandwiches. No red baseball caps noticed nor tee shirts. The one parade entry that noted Trump was met with total silence as it went by our viewing station except for one old man wearing a red, white and blue shirt who clapped twice. That’s it. I heard the sound of a toilet swirling in my mind.
Shopping for some furniture?

I thought Good’s was the only reason anyone ever went to Kewanee.

Shopping for some furniture?

I thought Good’s was the only reason anyone ever went to Kewanee.

That’s a big reason for some but, for me at least, far from the only reason. Much history for my family here that makes me swell with pride and joy. Good people abound. Plus my two cousins, their spouses and my lovely bride were able to get rounds of cocktails for $13 total, including call liquors. Awesome pork tenderloin sandwiches for $3 each with chips. My home, Denver, sucks big time in comparison.

That’s a big reason for some but, for me at least, far from the only reason. Much history for my family here that makes me swell with pride and joy. Good people abound. Plus my two cousins, their spouses and my lovely bride were able to get rounds of cocktails for $13 total, including call liquors. Awesome pork tenderloin sandwiches for $3 each with chips. My home, Denver, sucks big time in comparison.
being from a small town in Central IL myself (Pontiac) I can relate. Basically the Good’s Furniture commercials were in heavy rotation on all the local TV Stations growing up. So when someone mentions Kewanee, Those commercials are always the first thing that pop in to my head.

I long for the days when the Republicans will not control the House so we can stop having our nation's credit held hostage by a bunch of performative fucktards. This adding of legislation to play gotcha is beyond tiring. If the SAVE Act is so great, put it up for a regular vote. Because the day we do default will be the ruin of our country and the world's economy. It's not an f'ing game.

I long for the days when the Republicans will not control the House so we can stop having our nation's credit held hostage by a bunch of performative fucktards. This adding of legislation to play gotcha is beyond tiring. If the SAVE Act is so great, put it up for a regular vote. Because the day we do default will be the ruin of our country and the world's economy. It's not an f'ing game.

Get rid of the filibuster and legislation packages.

Back