Political Discussion

I think the artists that don’t want Trump to use their stuff should make sure they are removed from the ASCAP political stuff to insure this no longer happens. Though I guess letting Trump use their music and then getting upset about it does allow them to state they don’t support Trump without actually endorsing anyone.
Foo fighters had a similar dispute with the Trump campaign and when the campaign replied they ca play whatever they want if theypay the licensing fees, Grohl responded with: " Fine. But be aware , all royalties we get fromyour Rallys will go directly to the Harris-Waltz campaign "

Foo fighters had a similar dispute with the Trump campaign and when the campaign replied they ca play whatever they want if theypay the licensing fees, Grohl responded with: " Fine. But be aware , all royalties we get fromyour Rallys will go directly to the Harris-Waltz campaign "
I mean the Foos dispute is where the talk of ASCAP rules came from. Evidently they were tied to the political package at the arena. Trump didn’t need to get authorization because the Foos had done that when whomever signed their rights to that ASCAP package. Foos can opt out but that didn’t happen before the event.

Who is the guy that isn’t Tucker Carlson? Also, Tucker Carlson used to be on CNN????
Can't believe you've never seen this. Enjoy.

Meh. O’Reilly is intelligent unlike Tucker. I don’t like his politics, but he’s a smart well spoken guy who doesn’t kowtow to the current dumbness.
He also beat the shit out of his wife and sexually coerced multiple women at his workplace. Fuck him.

Also no one is perfect. Even Jesus flipped the tax collector’s tables.
It was those trying to profit on money changing and sales at the temple. They were preying on the Jews who had to travel long distances and needed to make live offerings. They couldn't travel those distances with the livestock so the sellers were taking advantage of the poor. The best part is when Jesus made a whip of ropes and beat their asses as he chased them out. I remember seeing an artist's depiction of it in a church book as a kid and thinking Jesus looked like a bad ass.

It was those trying to profit on money changing and sales at the temple. They were preying on the Jews who had to travel long distances and needed to make live offerings. They couldn't travel those distances with the livestock so the sellers were taking advantage of the poor. The best part is when Jesus made a whip of ropes and beat their asses as he chased them out. I remember seeing an artist's depiction of it in a church book as a kid and thinking Jesus looked like a bad ass.
It's my favorite part of the bible, both for the juxtaposition with modern day megachurches and for showing that even Jesus is prone to losing his cool.

Who is the guy that isn’t Tucker Carlson? Also, Tucker Carlson used to be on CNN????
Paul Begala is one of the masterminds (along with the crazy Cajun, James Carville and George Stephanopoulos) behind Clinton’s unlikely presidential win in 1992.

there is a really good documentary about the Campaign called The War Room that is worth a watch if you enjoy the inner workings of US Political campaigns.

Last edited:
I’m confused, it would seem that CNN (at least on Max) just preempted their analysis of the interview with different coverage of the interview (specifically they went from the live round table -mid sentence- to the situation room with(out) Wolf Blitzer.)

Yes for Oliver (he should be tried for the Drumpf bullshit that was everywhere a couple cycles ago) but granted haven't watched him in ages.

Less so for Stewart. He's a sharp orator who doesn't resort to cheap jokes or simplified, populist interpretations of the news. He was shitting on Biden the moment he returned and calling out the hypocrisy of the DNC just a few days ago. I admire that. You won't catch late night or SNL dead stumping for Palestine or reminding everyone that Bill Clinton is a sexual predator.

You're doing Oliver dirty. This is from like 3 years ago...

John Stewart is hands down my favorite celebrity covering politcs though.

Back