Political Discussion

And it's crazy how many people fall for that trap. There are people in my family who if you were to poll them on political issues and what direction the country needs to go would fall squarely on Kamala Harris as their candidate. But they are so preoccupied about the left being radical and blowing up everything they know in favor of Communism that they would never cast a vote for her. If they don't like Donald Trump they would rather abstain from voting or vote for a third party candidate that vote for someone on the left.

Speaking of family, I was in a very rural part of western Massachusetts for a family pig roast over the weekend. And OMG, you would not believe the number of Trump Vance political signs and flags I saw. It was a sea of Trump. Pretty much every house and every barn had something Trump up.

Man, the day when people finally emerge from their social media cocoons and realize just how taken they were by dishonest people looking to foment anger for their own purposes will be so wonderful. Yet, they'll still be mad at everyone but themselves for failing for it.
I think some people are too lost to ever emerge, unfortunately. But you're spot on with the assessment - And of course Musk was among the early people to re-tweet about it.

True, some are too lost. On the other hand, I like to be optimistic and think that once this Trump era is over, it will be like people who realized Qanon was BS and now feel ashamed they ever believed it. Cults are real. Trumpism is a cult. You really have to believe a lot of crazy stuff while at the same time completely turning a blind eye to the mass hypocrisy that is Donald Trump and what he "stands" for. He stands for himself. They are mere pawns to keep him and his family in power and with lots of money.

How we feeling about the election almost 60 days out? I still feel like that Kamala is the underdog here and it will be super close either way.

I have heard a lot of people say Trump's campaign is faltering and Kamala is a strong candidate. Yet at the same time I have heard that the race is incredibly close still and that has me very worried.

I won't feel comfortable until after the election and Kamala is the clear winner.

How we feeling about the election almost 60 days out? I still feel like that Kamala is the underdog here and it will be super close either way.
The math still shows easier electoral paths for Trump than for Harris. It's looking more likely in the polls that she'll win the popular vote now than it did with Biden, but it's still very close with the electoral map. As of today it still looks very solidly like a toss up, but a lot can still happen in 60 days.

I have heard a lot of people say Trump's campaign is faltering and Kamala is a strong candidate. Yet at the same time I have heard that the race is incredibly close still and that has me very worried.

I won't feel comfortable until after the election and Kamala is the clear winner.
In the battleground states, it’s statistically even with most races within the margin of error. Harris is pulling away with the popular vote.

We need to do away with the electoral college. If Utah or Rhode Island wants to matter more they need to convince people to move there.

I think there is a decent enthusiasm gap. Biden dropping out really changed a lot of people's desire to get involved. It's very close since 7 states control the entire fate of our nation and those states seem to be full of people who seem to have their head in the sand about what a 2nd Trump term would entail. I just don't have any faith in polls now so my hope is new voter signups and money are more of an indicator of the general feel. It all comes down to Pennsylvania, a state that has gone for Democrats for a long time. If she wins that, it's most likely she's president. I think the best thing is to stay vigilant. Even if she wins, the lawsuits will commence. My hope is she wins in such an overwhelming electoral college amount that it makes lawsuits worthless. This is what happens when you have a candidate who questions the legitimacy of voting unless they always come out the winner.

I think there is a decent enthusiasm gap. Biden dropping out really changed a lot of people's desire to get involved. It's very close since 7 states control the entire fate of our nation and those states seem to be full of people who seem to have their head in the sand about what a 2nd Trump term would entail. I just don't have any faith in polls now so my hope is new voter signups and money are more of an indicator of the general feel. It all comes down to Pennsylvania, a state that has gone for Democrats for a long time. If she wins that, it's most likely she's president. I think the best thing is to stay vigilant. Even if she wins, the lawsuits will commence. My hope is she wins in such an overwhelming electoral college amount that it makes lawsuits worthless. This is what happens when you have a candidate who questions the legitimacy of voting unless they always come out the winner.
We won't be that lucky, If she wins it will be by 20,000 votes in three states. I will live my entire life and I will never understand the cult of Trump.

Back