Political Discussion

I went over to Threads for a bit, and what I found was that it was not a good thing to constantly be plugged into the conversations of the world. It just never stops and you can always tune in. So for that reason, I got rid of Threads too. The same toxic stuff slowly crept in, it's just Twitter/X under another name. People aren't built to be informed of everything everywhere all at once.
Yeah, weak betas cuck soy boys.

View attachment 213255

I never knew SNL was considered a key milestone in the election cycle.
I have no idea what this is from and SNL has lost some luster over the years but back in the day SNL could create a biting caricature of a POTUS that would hang around their neck like an albatross.

Sometimes the caricature is nothing more than an exaggeration but with Chase’s portrayal of Gerald Ford turned a former Big Ten running back into a clumsy buffoon and Will Farrell turned George W Bush into a dimwitted frat boy. Neither was super grounded in reality but ended up defining the general public’s view of those particular Presidents.

View attachment 213233

The fact that the white house had to issue a statement on this blows my mind
Dayum, "based on an element of racism" is, as far as I can tell, the closest they've gotten to calling it what it is.

I was wondering about this: with the "weird" discourse, the Dems managed to wrest the concept of normalcy back from the Republicans, and found a way to call out a lot of this odious shit in a way which highlights how unhinged and unserious their rhetoric can be. I feel like the Dems are scared to call out racism for what it is, as the Right does a good job of deflecting by framing such accusations as oversensitive hysterics reflective of a trendy sort of mob mentality. Maybe it falls under "weird," but the Dems should absolutely be asking JD Vance "you think Haitians eat cats? What the hell is wrong with you? Where the fuck is your humanity?"

This is interesting. I guess the Swiss base fines on income. So the more you make the larger your fine will be. It also helps with them not caring about misbehaving or caring because the fine is peanuts to them.

This is interesting. I guess the Swiss base fines on income. So the more you make the larger your fine will be. It also helps with them not caring about misbehaving or caring because the fine is peanuts to them.
Wish we had something like that stateside, especially for semis.

I'm for it. The saying goes something along the lines of: if the penalty for breaking the law is a fine, that law does not exist for the rich.

I have no idea what this is from and SNL has lost some luster over the years but back in the day SNL could create a biting caricature of a POTUS that would hang around their neck like an albatross.

Sometimes the caricature is nothing more than an exaggeration but with Chase’s portrayal of Gerald Ford turned a former Big Ten running back into a clumsy buffoon and Will Farrell turned George W Bush into a dimwitted frat boy. Neither was super grounded in reality but ended up defining the general public’s view of those particular Presidents.
I don’t know that Farrell turned W into a dimwitted frat boy. I think he was just a dim witted frat boy.

Dayum, "based on an element of racism" is, as far as I can tell, the closest they've gotten to calling it what it is.

I was wondering about this: with the "weird" discourse, the Dems managed to wrest the concept of normalcy back from the Republicans, and found a way to call out a lot of this odious shit in a way which highlights how unhinged and unserious their rhetoric can be. I feel like the Dems are scared to call out racism for what it is, as the Right does a good job of deflecting by framing such accusations as oversensitive hysterics reflective of a trendy sort of mob mentality. Maybe it falls under "weird," but the Dems should absolutely be asking JD Vance "you think Haitians eat cats? What the hell is wrong with you? Where the fuck is your humanity?"
I think the deal is that they are racist, if you call them out on it they will feign indignation and accuse the left of being woke and trying to cancel them. This has fucked with them because their best retort has been “oh yeah, I’m rubber and you’re glue”

I don’t know that Farrell turned W into a dimwitted frat boy. I think he was just a dim witted frat boy.
Sure he was back in the day we was likely some form of that and look, I have no sympathy for W but by all accounts by the time he was running for President his those days were pretty much past him. He ran on being a “Compassionate Conservative” who had given up booze and found Jesus. But Will Ferrell painted him as a nepo baby idiot who would rather watch episodes of Sponge Bob than be president. The fact that you and many others still view him in that light just goes to show ya how effective Ferrell portrayals was as defining the W. public persona.

Sure he was back in the day we was likely some form of that and look, I have no sympathy for W but by all accounts by the time he was running for President his those days were pretty much past him. He ran on being a “Compassionate Conservative” who had given up booze and found Jesus. But Will Ferrell painted him as a nepo baby idiot who would rather watch episodes of Sponge Bob than be president. The fact that you and many others still view him in that light just goes to show ya how effective Ferrell portrayals was as defining the W. public persona.
I mean did you ever watch his debates? He wasn’t the sharpest butter knife in the drawer. He was also pretty much just a prop for Chaney… so fuck him.

Back