Political Discussion

Same old "it's not my fault, it was stolen from me" excuse I think more people are getting tired of.

He'll have his 40% base, but I think he's not pulling that last 10/11% to win with "They're eating da dogs!"

Here's where I'm worried.

yes, the average American is getting tired of this, but Trump's base / MAGA people eat it up. And it's further proof to them of the corruption and fraud of the Democrats.

yes, the average American is getting tired of this, but Trump's base / MAGA people eat it up. And it's further proof to them of the corruption and fraud of the Democrats.
The real question will be how many of those 40% are willing to break the law and/or do violence if he legitimately loses. Obviously it's a much higher percentage than it ever should be, but tough to know at this point how fanatical the mass of them will be for a 78 y/o who is losing some of the strong man image with the visible aging and neck vagine.

I'm worried, too. It's going to be close becuse of how the electoral college works. It really does come down to those margins in rural Pennsylvania where she can chip into. She won't win those counties, but she can chip away a thousand votes here and there.

That's also where I think this Taylor Swift endorsement will actually be beneficial.

I'm worried, too. It's going to be close becuse of how the electoral college works. It really does come down to those margins in rural Pennsylvania where she can chip into. She won't win those counties, but she can chip away a thousand votes here and there.

That's also where I think this Taylor Swift endorsement will actually be beneficial.
I think her endorsement is also helpful in motivating a too apathetic youth. I saw that it was over 300k youth who registered to vote off of her endorsement post that first night.

Remember the rock the vote campaigns? I'm surprised that level of youth outreach isn't happening in this election. Feels like a big mistake and missed opportunity. With an engaged youth the Dems would be in a much much better position.

I think her endorsement is also helpful in motivating a too apathetic youth. I saw that it was over 300k youth who registered to vote off of her endorsement post that first night.

Remember the rock the vote campaigns? I'm surprised that level of youth outreach isn't happening in this election. Feels like a big mistake and missed opportunity. With an engaged youth the Dems would be in a much much better position.

I feel like the youth are jaded. And they have not faith or trust that any political candidate represents them or their ideology. They just have no motivation to vote. They feel like they are either shooting them self in the right foot or the left foot by voting and no one wins. At least for any meaningful policy change and and for solutions to problems and hardships younger generations are facing.

I feel like the youth are jaded. And they have not faith or trust that any political candidate represents them or their ideology. They just have no motivation to vote. They feel like they are either shooting them self in the right foot or the left foot by voting and no one wins. At least for any meaningful policy change and and for solutions to problems and hardships younger generations are facing.
One hundred percent.

My daughter is 18 and an "apathetic youth" - but she does have concerns about issues like choice and LBGTQ+.

She hates Trump, but doesn't really know much else about politics. She did register to vote against Trump, though.

She's not a Swiftie, but does see that endorsement as a big deal.

My daughter is 18 and an "apathetic youth" - but she does have concerns about issues like choice and LBGTQ+.

She hates Trump, but doesn't really know much else about politics. She did register to vote against Trump, though.

She's not a Swiftie, but does see that endorsement as a big deal.
Several of the young Black women in my class yesterday were talking to each other before class and said the same thing. They're not Swifties, but the endorsement at least was on their radar and had them talking about the election. First I've heard any of my students even being the subject up this semester.

The Lgbtq and abortion stuff is definitely something a lot of young women care about, even here in the South.

Several of the young Black women in my class yesterday were talking to each other before class and said the same thing. They're not Swifties, but the endorsement at least was on their radar and had them talking about the election. First I've heard any of my students even being the subject up this semester.

The Lgbtq and abortion stuff is definitely something a lot of young women care about, even here in the South.

Yeah. I usually don't think celebrity endorsements are all that newsworthy on either side. Even her previous endorsement for Biden didn't seem to be as big as this one seems to be now.

Maybe it's the timing of it, or how close the race is, but it feels different than any other that has come out.

It may just be that if we can win this, we can finally be rid of Trump forever. And have a historical win for Women.

The refs were against us is the constant cry of the loser. The 14 year younger sorority sister of Kamala Harris is not the reason Trump decided to say crazy shit like THEY'RE EATING THE CATS!
No, it doesn't. But also that's not what they are claiming. They are claiming it means that with 100% certainty, the debate questions were shared with Harris before the debated started.

Why would Caitlin Clark stop short of saying she would vote for Harris or that she would endorse Harris after reporters asked her about it after she liked Taylor Swifts endorsement post on Instagram.
I think it's a lot to do with not yet reaching the FU level of fame and wealth as a Swift, and also the same reason a Jordan or Tiger Woods never commented on politics...protecting the 'brand' etc. It's unfortunate but not surprising.

And it's further proof to them of the corruption and fraud of the Democrats.
Further proof?! They don’t need further proof, that’s already baked in to being a MAGA supporter. If they don’t win it’s because the Dems cheated. The media is rigged against him. The federal government is full of the deep state and the justice system conducted unfair witch hunts.

They don’t need this debate to reaffirm their worldview literally everything that makes them the slightest bit uncomfortable confirms their worldview. The world is unfair and everyone is out to get them.

Back