Political Discussion

The youth are too young to be jaded. They spend too much time on their phones and could easily be goaded into voting if it were attached to a viral TikTok trend.
A top large portion are that shallow, but a lot of them just know that neither party gives a shit about their problems. Jaded isn't really the right word, but disincentivised. You'd think stopping fascism would be enough, but our country has purposely shit the bed on education and most don't realize the consequences. Also why Trump is still popular at all.

Why would Caitlin Clark stop short of saying she would vote for Harris or that she would endorse Harris after reporters asked her about it after she liked Taylor Swifts endorsement post on Instagram.
“Republicans buy shoes too.”

Google that quote. It should explain everything.

The last athlete to meaningfully protest anything was blackballed from his sport and I am not talking about Muhammad Ali war protest. I am talking about Colin Kapernick in the past 10 years.

Yeah. I usually don't think celebrity endorsements are all that newsworthy on either side. Even her previous endorsement for Biden didn't seem to be as big as this one seems to be now.

Maybe it's the timing of it, or how close the race is, but it feels different than any other that has come out.

It may just be that if we can win this, we can finally be rid of Trump forever. And have a historical win for Women.
It’s also that she is a bigger deal now than she was four years ago.

No, it doesn't. But also that's not what they are claiming. They are claiming it means that with 100% certainty, the debate questions were shared with Harris before the debated started.
This is stupid. Those questions were not hard nor should they have been unexpected. Hell he couldn’t even lie “yes I want Ukraine to win” or “yes I would veto an abortion ban.”

A top large portion are that shallow, but a lot of them just know that neither party gives a shit about their problems. Jaded isn't really the right word, but disincentivised. You'd think stopping fascism would be enough, but our country has purposely shit the bed on education and most don't realize the consequences. Also why Trump is still popular at all.
Fascism has encroached unabated during Biden's tenure tho. Also leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth when both parties brazenly try to gaslight you into thinking a genocide isn't happening when anyone online can see footage of it. Can't blame young people for saying fuck this.

I have a question. Have you watched any episodes of Hulu/FX’s new show The English Teacher? Not having kids or being around teens (my nieces and nephews are not quite of that age) does that show give an accurate portrayal about how kids and teachers now interact? Curious because the student-teacher interaction seemed so different to how I experienced it or seen it portrayed in media prior. Just wondering if things have shifted this much due to young millennials now teaching Gen Z.

Back