Political Discussion

This is why Caitlain didn't give her endorsement...look at all the hate just for liking an instagram post:

While I doubt I have very little in common with Brittney Mahomes (or likely Patrick for that matter) politically, she got absolutely destroyed online for similarly liking a Trump post.

I can see why public figures would not want to weigh in on such matters, even casually.

I am an equal opportunity lack of sports ball enthusiast.
So is my mom, but she doesn’t pretend to be so obtuse not to know who culturally significant figures are like Steph Curry or Caitlin Clark are in relation to popular culture.

This is equivalent to when people pretended not to know what Friends was in the 90s and then proudly announce that they don’t own a television.

The height of pretentiousness.

🙄 would be a better reaction emoji but 👀 is the best we have at this point.

So is my mom, but she doesn’t pretend to be so obtuse not to know who culturally significant figures are like Steph Curry or Caitlin Clark are in relation to popular culture.

This is equivalent to when people pretended not to know what Friends was in the 90s and then proudly announce that they don’t own a television.

The height of pretentiousness.

🙄 would be a better reaction emoji but 👀 is the best we have at this point.
I have never heard of Caitlin Clark before today.

Did not know much about Linda Ronstadts political affiliation but this is one hell of a statement
She was in a long term relationship with the former Governor on California, Jerry Brown in the late 70s early 80s if that gives you an Idea.

Though I guess Gavin Newsom used to be in a relationship with current Don Jr. Girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle so maybe that doesn’t say as much I thought.

Reactions: Jan
Then either you went really hard out of your way to avoid her or lived in a foreign country for the past 18 months with limited access to TV or Internet.

They talk about her in regular non-sports media frequently.
I have seen very little coverage of women’s basketball. I don’t really watch the news and I skip right past the sports section in the Washington Post and Apple News. I guess I live in a different country. 🤷‍♀️

We’ve had this discussion before… my experience and consumption of media <> anyone else’s.

I’m sure if it were 30 years ago and I spent more time with my brother and father I would know a lot more.

Instead I can basically name all the characters in Gabby’s Doll House and Bluey.

We’ve had this discussion before… my experience and consumption of media <> anyone else’s.

I’m sure if it were 30 years ago and I spent more time with my brother and father I would know a lot more.

Instead I can basically name all the characters in Gabby’s Doll House and Bluey.
I think it’s a bit and if someone gave you truth serum you’d admit that you are tangentially aware of these figures even if you don’t follow them closely. You would know they are significant in the world of sports even if you are unsure to how or why. You know they are basketball stars.

You couldn't have been on Twitter or Instagram over the last 18 months much either. Oh, and I bet you ignored the March Madness thread and peoples basketball status.

Back