Political Discussion

I’ve heard it twice today and am all for it, the Donald Trump Act to eliminate the sale of assault rifles.

I have also heard that the serial number was partially scratched off the gun used in this latest assassination attempt and this is leading for Republicans to say that no gun control laws would have prevented this. This was an illegal weapon and all gun control / elimination of sales of assault rifles would do is take the guns away from the good guys and the bad guys will still have them.

I have also heard that the serial number was partially scratched off the gun used in this latest assassination attempt and this is leading for Republicans to say that no gun control laws would have prevented this. This was an illegal weapon and all gun control / elimination of sales of assault rifles would do is take the guns away from the good guys and the bad guys will still have them.
Yeah that’s a straw man argument. By that logic there should be no laws because criminals will always break the law.

To be fair, the two times I’ve heard the Trump Act comments, it was not from right wing pundits.

Back