Political Discussion

It was decent but I thought the ending was pretty terrible. But I do love me some dystopian films!
Yeah, the imagery was great and the journey to DC was haunting. Even the assault on the White House felt realistic but the idea that it needed to be tied up into a tidy bow in the end for something that otherwise felt fairly realistic and messy probably cheapens it a bit. Still, overall it makes one think how close we are in a “first world” civilization to chaos and death.

Lololololol
Turns out that narrative was problematic if you wish to win a senate seat in Ohio.

Trump told people in Flint yesterday that if he's not elected the auto industry will be gone in 2-3 years.
All fear and negativity. (and lies) It has to wear people out at some point, right?
I don’t know. There is a segment of people who are miserable and will blame that misery on everyone else. One of the things Trump does is reinforce that notion that everything is bad and it isn’t their fault, it’s the evil left and status quo in government.

I was just reading an article about Springfield and there is a gentleman in the article who complains about how hard life there has been since the Haitians came to town and it sounded very much like it is not as bad there as it is elsewhere, but he is unaware of this and just assumes the things he is facing have to be because of the Haitians and not because you know… his personal choices, the pandemic and the effects of late stage capitalism. He has an easy scapegoat and took it. He sees the immigrants doing well and makes assumptions about what must be happening instead of informing himself.

Trump has been able to feed off of these feelings and capitalize on the inherent laziness of those that would espouse the arguments he makes. Furthermore, because a certain segment of those groups are evangelical, he has been able to get support from those groups as well and use things like failed assassinations to show that there is some kind of divine influence on him.

It all sets him up to be a leader who says, you’re right things are bad, no it’s not your fault and I’m gonna fix it for you. He prays on their ignorance which also assists them in blindly following him.

The more I read about what is going on at his rallies and what his supporters think (not the pundits but the people who vote for him)… the more I understand his allure.

The more I watch the pundits willfully create bad faith arguments around everything… just watch this…

The more despicable I think the whole Republican operation is right now.

The one thing I can’t figure out and wish I or someone could is how to break this cycle. How do we get these people who just want some support to see things the way they are? You don’t need to go to school to know that, while things still need some work, we are very much in a better place than we were four years ago today… so no things weren’t better under Trump.

Part of it has to be we just start listening to folks. There’s no need to correct them or think ill of them but just try to meet them where they are, acknowledge them and then try to work together.

How this isn't being viewed as a terrorist attack and condemned in the strongest of terms is only unsurprising after Obama droned civilians and American citizens. War criminals are going to support each other so that they're never held accountable. But the lack of loud condemnation for this kind of behavior by other countries around the world is damning on their priorities.

How this isn't being viewed as a terrorist attack and condemned in the strongest of terms is only unsurprising after Obama droned civilians and American citizens. War criminals are going to support each other so that they're never held accountable. But the lack of loud condemnation for this kind of behavior by other countries around the world is damning on their priorities.
Kamala has, I think more than once, touted that she'll head the most lethal military in the world. This kind of thing IS a priority.

Fuck Israel.
I say fuck Netanyahu. Israel is for sure a fubared situation but his leadership has made it worse and it’s not clear to me that the Israeli people support it. They certainly don’t support his approach to this bullshit war which he continues to escalate.

I understand the political consequences of not supporting Israel but at what point do we go Hey fucking knock it off? I think we are long past that stage.

I say fuck Netanyahu. Israel is for sure a fubared situation but his leadership has made it worse and it’s not clear to me that the Israeli people support it. They certainly don’t support his approach to this bullshit war which he continues to escalate.

I understand the political consequences of not supporting Israel but at what point do we go Hey fucking knock it off? I think we are long past that stage.
Israeli discontent with Netanyahu stems mainly from his failure to return hostages and not with the catastrophic civilian death toll in Gaza and elsewhere.

This is a few months old now, but back in May, 40% of Israeli citizens said the responce is Gaza was appropriate. 34% thought they hadn't gone far enough yet.

Back