Political Discussion

This plays like a Daily Show segment. 👀

What is with people who own boats being Trumpies?

When I was at the beach this summer, there is a section of the beach people who own bulls pull up too and anchor right on the shore and wade in to the beach. Most of the boats had Trump flags.

Also, in that video. Doe these people not understand things are much much harder now for younger generations? They are pretty much like, if I could do it, you can do it too. Get an education, get a good job and work hard.

Today that just gets you enslaved to debt, a job that you can't afford a house on and no matter how hard you work you won't got ahead. It's all about the people you know or generational wealth or getting very lucky.

When I was at the beach this summer, there is a section of the beach people who own bulls pull up too and anchor right on the shore and wade in to the beach. Most of the boats had Trump flags.

Also, in that video. Doe these people not understand things are much much harder now for younger generations? They are pretty much like, if I could do it, you can do it too. Get an education, get a good job and work hard.

Today that just gets you enslaved to debt, a job that you can't afford a house on and no matter how hard you work you won't got ahead. It's all about the people you know or generational wealth or getting very lucky.
Guess what I don't own a boat and I'm not bitching about how bad the economy is. Boats are what we called luxury items. In the south you'll see these men with 75,000 Ford Raptor trucks and they are the same ones complaining about how bad the economy is.

Guess what I don't own a boat and I'm not bitching about how bad the economy is. Boats are what we called luxury items. In the south you'll see these men with 75,000 Ford Raptor trucks and they are the same ones complaining about how bad the economy is.
I have so many co-workers that I listen to moan about how screwed the country is. One of them has two houses, both paid off. Another has property up north. Another has a couple four wheelers and a muscle car. I could go on...
It's like, come on, how bad are things for you?

People who own boats make more sense than that guy Ron who is on disability and food stamps.

I don’t think there has ever been a generation as out of touch as the Boomers.

Driving from their desk job to top golf, upset that criminals broke into their truck with the “Come Take It” bumper sticker on the tailgate and stole the hand gun they left in plain sight in the back seat
This is a fair description of the guy who came to look at my sump pump yesterday. Beer gut a mile wide and his ill-fitting company polo fighting for its life. Salt Life and thin blue line stickers on his TRD Pro.

People who own boats make more sense than that guy Ron who is on disability and food stamps.

I don’t think there has ever been a generation as out of touch as the Boomers.
Don’t stereotype me. I have erstwhile friends who are in their 30s and 40s who are Trump boat people. This isn’t all on boomers like me as we are not all Trumpers. They are the ones who are out of touch.

Talking about fuel prices, we just returned from a two week road trip from Denver to the Savannah, GA area due to a death in the family. In the Denver Metro the difference between regular and premium gas is about fifty cents. Seems like price gouging to me. The price difference increased steadily the closer we got to the east coast with $1.20 being the widest margin. That’s truly price gouging, imo.

#NotAllBoomers

...but damn sure a LOT of them. Trumpers, or no.

Or not you mean?

Yeah, I know a lot of left leaning Boomers who are out of touch. while they are liberal in many aspects, they still don't grasp that things are different for the younger generations. Student loan debt and the cost of housing. They are very much like you must be doing something wrong if you aren't have the same success as me.

Back