Political Discussion

The USPS has announced that it will raise stamp prices five times over the next 3 years.

The first increase will happen in July of 2025 and bring the price of a first class stamp to 73¢. All five price increases are expected to be implemented by the end of 2027.

By 2028, it could cost us a dollar or more to mail a first class envelope.

There have also been reports about the USPS considering to cutting back the number of delivery days.

This all is happening because of inflation, and the continuing decline in first class mail being mailed as consumers continue to switch to online communications. I thought that would have pretty much settled out by now, but I guess some old fogies continued to mail letters until they died over online communications.

The USPS has announced that it will raise stamp prices five times over the next 3 years.

The first increase will happen in July of 2025 and bring the price of a first class stamp to 73¢. All five price increases are expected to be implemented by the end of 2027.

There have also been reports about the USPS considering to cutting back the number of delivery days.

This all is happening because of inflation, and the continuing decline in first class mail being mailed as consumers continue to switch to online communications. I thought that would have pretty much settled out by now, but I guess some old fogies continued to mail letters until they died over online communications.
Before raising prices, I'm good with them cutting down to three days a week delivery. Nothing shows up on time anyway. Go to a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule. I don't think many would care.

Just finished The Situation Room book by George Stephanopoulos. The differences between the chapters on Obama and Biden vs. Trump are frightening. It really illustrates how much of a reactionary moron Trump is. I wish every undecided voter could read just that chapter and then decide which choice is better. The man is nothing but chaos. A 2nd term would be a disaster for this country.

Are postal workers salaried?

The majority of my packages are loaded around 7:30 and my mail rarely reaches my address before 4 pm and has often come at 7. Seems like they have real long days. Maybe hiring more staff to cut down on overtime would help.

I don't think the delivery drivers sort and load the mail, another group of people / shift does that.

However, yes, they do have some long days even with that said. If you are start your route at 8:30 in the morning and are still out at 7, which I often see on bad whether days or around the Hollidays in my area, you are probably putting in 12 hour days.

USPS workers are hourly and do get overtime for the most part. The exceptions are management. Delivery drivers get overtime.

The mail is a public service.

What’s going on with this Vance dossier?
Someone (possibly the Iranians) hacked Trump’s files a while back. They tried to sell it or sent it out to be published and no one bought it cause it was from like Dave and it was an ask no questions situation. Anyhow some journalist uploaded it on Twitter and Musk was like hell naw and suspended the guy. It is supposedly the vet file on Vance - which means they vetted this moron and still gave him a VP slot?

Someone (possibly the Iranians) hacked Trump’s files a while back. They tried to sell it or sent it out to be published and no one bought it cause it was from like Dave and it was an ask no questions situation. Anyhow some journalist uploaded it on Twitter and Musk was like hell naw and suspended the guy. It is supposedly the vet file on Vance - which means they vetted this moron and still have him a VP slot?

Someone posted it on Reddit via their sub stack. Should I post or is it nothing damming?

Back