Political Discussion

There's certainly a difference between disposing of a soiled flag through incineration and burning a flag in protest to make a point. I think the latter still falls under freedom of speech, and while it's alarming, that's the entire point.

But don't get me started on Flag Code. This Eagle Scout really wants to print business cards with the Iflag code on them to leave in the windshield wipers of Dodge Rams flying shredded flags in the name of patriotism, or to hand to folks who adorn themselves with them as clothing. It's absolutely wild how far people will disrespect their flag in the name of patriotism.
I remember well when Abbie Hoffman wore a shirt that looked like an American flag and was arrested.

What I really love are dumb fucks with Punisher flag stickers right next to their blue lives matter bumper stickers.
I blame Chris Kyle (American Sniper) for this. He adopted that and then it took off after his death.

And this is great to see about that piece of shit.

There's certainly a difference between disposing of a soiled flag through incineration and burning a flag in protest to make a point. I think the latter still falls under freedom of speech, and while it's alarming, that's the entire point.

But don't get me started on Flag Code. This Eagle Scout really wants to print business cards with the flag code on them to leave in the windshield wipers of Dodge Rams flying shredded flags in the name of patriotism, or to hand to folks who adorn themselves with them as clothing. It's absolutely wild how far people will disrespect their flag in the name of patriotism.
There's a guy in my neighborhood that flies the Gadsden flag above the American flag and I always shake my head as I walk by.

This election will be covered in history books. This shit is mad wild.
american-pie-image.jpg

The point is there are areas where voting does matter and if your vote makes minimal difference on that one area than it’s important to also reflect on the areas where your vote would make a huge difference.

I think most on here especially agree that the genocide happening is appalling. Some of us are just a bit more pragmatic and don’t want to cut off our nose to spite our face.
I feel like excusing the heinous work of politicians under the mask of pragmatism is largely why we're at this crossroads now. At what point does what you're deciding to look past become just as evil as what you think you're voting against? At some point voting for a lesser evil has to become unsustainable. People will reject the process altogether and refuse to participate or turn towards loud outsiders (see you know who). I get what you're saying, but pragmatism alone not only won't get us anywhere, but actively continue making things worse (for everybody around the world unfortunately, and not just us).

I feel like excusing the heinous work of politicians under the mask of pragmatism is largely why we're at this crossroads now. At what point does what you're deciding to look past become just as evil as what you think you're voting against? At some point voting for a lesser evil has to become unsustainable. People will reject the process altogether and refuse to participate or turn towards loud outsiders (see you know who). I get what you're saying, but pragmatism alone not only won't get us anywhere, but actively continue making things worse (for everybody around the world unfortunately, and not just us).
I don’t disagree with any of this.

I also suspect Harris hopes that folks read what she wrote instead of reacting to what is read into it.

Except, as I've already laid out, Biden did more to fight back against major corporations and for the working and indebted classes than any president since the 1960s.

So claiming, "two evils" is a wild oversimplification. This isnt 2000. Domestically, one party has shifted to the left and alligned with progressives to create a big tent that is fighting to make America a better place for everyone except the super rich. The other is fucking fascist and wants to make life harder on everyone except the super rich.

I don’t disagree with any of this.

I also suspect Harris hopes that folks read what she wrote instead of reacting to what is read into it.
I think her position will become much more obvious in the coming days. Can't say I'm holding my breath.

Except, as I've already laid out, Biden did more to fight back against major corporations and for the working and indebted classes than any president since the 1960s.

So claiming, "two evils" is a wild oversimplification. This isnt 2000. Domestically, one party has shifted to the left and alligned with progressives to create a big tent that is fighting to make America a better place for everyone except the super rich. The other is fucking fascist and wants to make life harder on everyone except the super rich.

Biden also unapologetically spearheaded and bankrolled a genocide. That's enough to constitute as evil for some people.

Back