Pre-Order Thread

Tiny gripe: my shipment of The Organ records from 604 charged $20 for shipping but used UPS Standard. Package is still on the west coast despite being picked up 8/26. I don’t mind waiting for the package but when you charge $20 shipping it’s pretty gross to use the cheapest and slowest option available.
That's pretty close to what it costs to use that from Canada to here. Shipping rates between here and there have soared. I just priced shipping a box with two records to Canada and it was $53 for USPS and $51 for UPS if I didn't do Standard. Using Standard I added a third album and it was $25.

I'm sorry yours hasn't arrived yet though. Mine got here yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it yet, but at least it looks to have arrived in good shape.

That's pretty close to what it costs to use that from Canada to here. Shipping rates between here and there have soared. I just priced shipping a box with two records to Canada and it was $53 for USPS and $51 for UPS if I didn't do Standard. Using Standard I added a third album and it was $25.

I'm sorry yours hasn't arrived yet though. Mine got here yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it yet, but at least it looks to have arrived in good shape.
Guess I just assumed rates from a Canadian city basically in the continental US wouldn’t have been too stark an increase in shipping but I guess that makes more sense.

Like I said not really bothered at all by the timing.

Shipping rates this side of the invisible line are fuuuuuuuuucked!
If we didn't have media mail it would be terrible here too. We're spoiled by that option. Even that is getting up there, but it's still relatively reasonable all things considered.

I think about shipping too much, lol. It fluctuates annually between who's good and who's terrible, but UPS has been the only reliable shipper this last year who doesn't beat the hell out of everything or lose/deliver to the wrong address all the damn time. Plus my UPS guy is a chill old dude with a huge mustache and he's always very gentle with my records. I caught the FedEx guy literally throwing one like a frisbee from 20 feet away. And the postal service just can't keep anyone employed in our route. Every couple months it's someone new. Can't blame them with how frickin' hot and humid it is, no AC in their vehicles, and a bunch of assholes yelling at them all the time. People at the post office here are rude as hell to the workers.

If we didn't have media mail it would be terrible here too. We're spoiled by that option. Even that is getting up there, but it's still relatively reasonable all things considered.

I think about shipping too much, lol. It fluctuates annually between who's good and who's terrible, but UPS has been the only reliable shipper this last year who doesn't beat the hell out of everything or lose/deliver to the wrong address all the damn time. Plus my UPS guy is a chill old dude with a huge mustache and he's always very gentle with my records. I caught the FedEx guy literally throwing one like a frisbee from 20 feet away. And the postal service just can't keep anyone employed in our route. Every couple months it's someone new. Can't blame them with how frickin' hot and humid it is, no AC in their vehicles, and a bunch of assholes yelling at them all the time. People at the post office here are rude as hell to the workers.
My postman has been on our route a long time and treats my record deliveries well. We've discussed vinyl several times. However, his weekend sub treats my stuff like dirt and could care less. He says he's retiring because of age, trucks are toasters, increased package sizes and weights have caused injuries and in general, the USPS is being run into the ground. Read the articles on Congressional testimony re how an AZ PO was forced to hide mechanical issues and undelivered mail for a visiting Senator and you get an idea of how bad it has gotten.
FEDex sells routes to independent contractors so you have untrained people in rented uHauls throwing shit like Frisbees.

Looking at these threads is deadly, that's all I have to say. Ignorance is bliss.

bdrmm's excellent debut album is getting a repress for their label's 20th anniversary. I remember it taking me a while to get my hands on this vinyl for a decent price due small runs of it selling out or the shipping costs from UK being too steep for me. So it's nice that Rough Trade US has copies of this for those stateside who'd like one at a somewhat reasonable cost for a single LP. I'm even tempted since this variant beautifully matches the album cover art:

EDIT: Also, this splatter RT is the limited variant, but they are doing a violet variant that will be an indie exclusive for record stores. it wasn't clear to me if that also meant record stores in US or not.

Last edited:
1725368794275.png

1725368861159.png

Back