Pre-Order Thread

Glad I gripped the Weezer box. Those kitchen tape and garage stuff is going to be cool to hear. Been wanting that for years. Pricey but at this point I expected that

I guess both vinyl boxes are sold out? I know signed was limited to 100, but it seems like unlike say, the nirvana boxes, this won’t have distribution outside official store? I have no inside information but that seems the case?

Glad I gripped the Weezer box. Those kitchen tape and garage stuff is going to be cool to hear. Been wanting that for years. Pricey but at this point I expected that

I guess both vinyl boxes are sold out? I know signed was limited to 100, but it seems like unlike say, the nirvana boxes, this won’t have distribution outside official store? I have no inside information but that seems the case?
Well I am glad that I didn't have to convince myself to buy a way overpriced $290 boxset even if this was one of my favorite records growing up. Not sure why they couldn't have just done the album with Dusty Gems and Raw Nuggets as a bonus LP. Do we really need to hear Weezer's third practice demos.

Well I am glad that I didn't have to convince myself to buy a way overpriced $290 boxset even if this was one of my favorite records growing up. Not sure why they couldn't have just done the album with Dusty Gems and Raw Nuggets as a bonus LP. Do we really need to hear Weezer's third practice demos.
I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here but I mean those practice demos (some) have been circulating for a bit, and Karl has hinted on them for years. But to hear everything is super interesting. If this is say your “pet sounds” to hear these songs in their infancy is interesting and can be great. Your mileage may vary, but for some , some of this is “grail” worthy

The dusty gems…sure but I think the idea was to unearth some of the blue albums earliest seeds. A lot of the dusty gems stuff was released or widely circulated (especially if you include the original deluxe edition cd set from years ago). 60-70% of this box (I think 36 or so tracks) are unreleased

I get where you’re coming from but unlike a lot of boxes (still a cash grab no matter how you slice it). I think what Uber fans of this album are getting is exciting. And if you’re an Uber fan of this LP, you more than likely own dusty gems.

I listened to Dusty Gems today. The pressing is rather mediocre, the demos are lo-fi, and the live material sounds fairly crude. You're not gaining much, if anything, with it pressed to vinyl. Suzanne and Jaime sounded good though.

I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here but I mean those practice demos (some) have been circulating for a bit, and Karl has hinted on them for years. But to hear everything is super interesting. If this is say your “pet sounds” to hear these songs in their infancy is interesting and can be great. Your mileage may vary, but for some , some of this is “grail” worthy

The dusty gems…sure but I think the idea was to unearth some of the blue albums earliest seeds. A lot of the dusty gems stuff was released or widely circulated (especially if you include the original deluxe edition cd set from years ago). 60-70% of this box (I think 36 or so tracks) are unreleased

I get where you’re coming from but unlike a lot of boxes (still a cash grab no matter how you slice it). I think what Uber fans of this album are getting is exciting. And if you’re an Uber fan of this LP, you more than likely own dusty gems.
I guess my biggest gripe is the unaffordability of it all but Weezer has a cult following so they knew people would pay it. I remember paying $15 to see them on the original blue album tour and got the blue cover album t shirt that night for $15. Granted 1995 was a long time ago.

Back