Pre-Order Thread

1729004304706.png

1729004355921.png

Looks like My Morning Jacket Live Vol. 4 is incoming. A full performance of The Tennessee Fire from 2010. Got to admit, as a big MMJ fan this isn't super appealing to me.

agreed. other than the bonnaroo show, these live volumes haven't been overly exciting choices to me. maybe i'm just picky. *shrug*

agreed. other than the bonnaroo show, these live volumes haven't been overly exciting choices to me. maybe i'm just picky. *shrug*
OKONOKOS is such an excellent live album that most of these others have paled in comparison. The Bonnaroo show is a fantastic and magical moment. I would be interested in checking out Volume 4. I feel like MMJ didn’t fully embrace their signature sound until At Dawn but Tennessee Fire still has some killer tunes. A 2010 live performance might allow them to reframe the album in a way that retcons the original material to better reflect what makes MMJ so special.

Last edited:
1729009407901.png

1729009475046.png

1729009519878.png

OKONOKOS is such an excellent live album that these others have paled in comparison. The Bonnaroo show is fantastic and magical moment. I would be interested in checking out Volume 4. I feel like MMJ didn’t fully embrace their signature sound until At Dawn but Tennessee Fire still has some killer tunes. A 2010 live performance might allow them to reframe the album in a way that retcons the original material to better reflect what makes MMJ so special.
I was at this show (the 2010 Terminal 5 show where they played Tennessee Fire start to finish) and it was great. Sort of along the lines of what you're saying, TF always felt like a glorified demo tape to me...like a collection of songs Jim had been working on since high school that he finally had a chance to record, but not a proper MMJ full band album, if that makes sense. But in 2010 they were firing on all cylinders and they took these tunes out for a spin to see how hard they could rock.

OKONOKOS is such an excellent live album that these others have paled in comparison. The Bonnaroo show is fantastic and magical moment. I would be interested in checking out Volume 4. I feel like MMJ didn’t fully embrace their signature sound until At Dawn but Tennessee Fire still has some killer tunes. A 2010 live performance might allow them to reframe the album in a way that retcons the original material to better reflect what makes MMJ so special.
I would have preferred the Evil Urges show from this run. (Only because At Dawn through Z was pretty well represented on Okonokos)

1729009643761.png

1729009660837.png

I complained about each variant having it's own bonus tracks and a bunch of folk on here said it was cool.

She's a major grifter for sure, but some of us were patient enough to wait on the complete version we knew was coming 😂
The annoying thing was that each variant had an exclusive bonus track now she's releasing the anthology on vinyl which has all of the bonus tracks on it which means that people wasted their money buying all of the variants.

I just want MMJ to release another show with a live version of Run Thru. I think Okonokos is the only one, and that just cooks in the second half.
I'd be on board. I listened to a show on Nugs where they did a cover of Radiohead's "The National Anthem" in the middle of Run Thru. I saw MMJ live a few weeks ago so I'm in peak MMJ mode. They would have gotten by $60 with just about anything else.

I actually saw the tour that they recorded Okonokos on at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA which probably only held a couple hundred people. It was one of the best live shows I ever experienced.

Back