Restocks/Represses

Weird that is popping up - it's been completely removed from distributor's websites. It's not even available for backorder. I just went and tried to order a bunch and can't even find it in catalog anywhere.
It’s only popped up on Jack Johnson’s web store so it must be some warehouse finds. Wasn’t even announced or anything. Thanks for checking though!

This one is excellent:
I picked this up based on your tip, and I agree. Quite excellent. KG/QRP with great source material = killer sound and press.

Gary Bartz and Ron Carter shine brightly. The vocals threw me off at first, and I’m sure they’re not for everyone, but they’ve grown on me, and this album has some seriously funky sections with jazz and other stuff I’m not gonna try to label mixed in.

Highly recommend this recent repress.

I picked this up based on your tip, and I agree. Quite excellent. KG/QRP with great source material = killer sound and press.

Gary Bartz and Ron Carter shine brightly. The vocals threw me off at first, and I’m sure they’re not for everyone, but they’ve grown on me, and this album has some seriously funky sections with jazz and other stuff I’m not gonna try to label mixed in.

Highly recommend this recent repress.
I love that album. Glad you’re enjoying it. I think I originally had it on my wantlist because I saw some interview with Madlib and peanut butter wolf and they were both raving about the album. Andy Bey who provides the vocals was apparently Coltrane’s favorite singer.

Now I just need them to repress Afro-Disiac!

I love that album. Glad you’re enjoying it. I think I originally had it on my wantlist because I saw some interview with Madlib and peanut butter wolf and they were both raving about the album. Andy Bey who provides the vocals was apparently Coltrane’s favorite singer.

Now I just need them to repress Afro-Disiac!
Andy Bey sings on Duke Pearson’s “I Don’t Care Who Knows It” (I have the excellent Wallet Bink reissue), and the same thing happened to me with his vocals there. Off-putting at first, but something I can’t explain grew on me, and now I like his voice/singing without reservation.

Back