Restocks/Represses

Tbh I think this is going to be much more common. $30/35 for an LP seems to be where we’re heading.

It sucks.
Yeah, you are probably right.

I wish Cake would have redid the album and made it a 2xLP. The album is nearly 49 minutes long, so it just barely fits on a single disc. Volume is probably a few dbs lower to fit 24 min per side. Granted this is just a guess, since I have never heard the album on vinyl.

I still have a Mellon Collie outstanding from Deep Discount that hasn't shipped yet - and who knows if it will based on what everyone else said. Anyone on this thread still looking for one before I try to cancel?

Same. I'm going to let mine ride and see what happens. If it ships, cool.. I'll see if anyone here is interested and they can have it for what I paid.

Last edited:
Yeah, you are probably right.

I wish Cake would have redid the album and made it a 2xLP. The album is nearly 49 minutes long, so it just barely fits on a single disc. Volume is probably a few dbs lower to fit 24 min per side. Granted this is just a guess, since I have never heard the album on vinyl.
Agreed. Also hate when stores bump up the price $6-8 just for a colored version.

For those of you who cannot find a copy of the Pumpkins Mellon Collie boxset, I ended up with two copies (well, one is being delivered today from Plaidroom, and the other next week from Deep Discount). I originally purchased from Deep Discount (thinking it'd be canceled) and also purchased one from Plaidroom. To my surprise, DD is actually fulfilling the order. So, now I will have two.

Anyways, I offered the extra up to @MikeH, but he may have secured one from Acoustic Sounds. So, if he passes, I will sell it to someone else here. Think I paid $104 from DD with tax and shipping, so I'd let it go for $110 shipped in the US. Send me a PM if you are still looking.

For those of you who cannot find a copy of the Pumpkins Mellon Collie boxset, I ended up with two copies (well, one is being delivered today from Plaidroom, and the other next week from Deep Discount). I originally purchased from Deep Discount (thinking it'd be canceled) and also purchased one from Plaidroom. To my surprise, DD is actually fulfilling the order. So, now I will have two.

Anyways, I offered the extra up to @MikeH, but he may have secured one from Acoustic Sounds. So, if he passes, I will sell it to someone else here. Think I paid $104 from DD with tax and shipping, so I'd let it go for $110 shipped in the US. Send me a PM if you are still looking.
I'm still waiting on that W to change to a shippable on AS...a bit worried about it now but will definitely keep you posted!

In the era of $5-$6/gal gas, I think people may re-think how much they want a vinyl record at new prices.

I know I am.

Our heating oil delivered today was $2/gal more than last time; it went from $4 to $6 per gallon; our 150 gallon delivery was $900.
i usually steer clear of these threads because I can't control myself but somehow ended up spending around 150 in the past 12 hours on these restocks / reissues. But i'm also glad to finally snag copies of these for less than on the secondary market.

Kind of crazy that this is still popping up:

Kind of crazy that this is still popping up:

and not even low stock! i'm assuming some bot orders got cancelled last time they restocked.

Third Eye Blind - S/T on Red
with this being repressed for cheaper, would probably consider buying the new reissue. Although this one does sound excellent (i have the regular black version).

with this being repressed for cheaper, would probably consider buying the new reissue. Although this one does sound excellent (i have the regular black version).
Yes but this has the original cover and matching color variant, so might be worth it for some. I have it and it does sound very good. But repress will probably be $10 cheaper...or more.

I thought about Mellon Collie, but it's not an album that ever connected with me, and I don't see myself having time to spin 4 LPs; double LPs are hard enough these days. I lean toward single albums most of the time. So $100+ saved.

Lost Highway repress/re-design is up at Waxwork.

Not feeling a $42 double LP today.

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/vinyl/products/lost-highway
Your whale oil shipment really took the 💸💸💸 out of your vinyl sails, eh buddy?

Back