Sutherland Club House

RUN, RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN
I was actually just going through some of the threads of equipment I bought on recommendation from this forum and I came to the conclusion that I am good with what I have for the foreseeable future.

The Insight is fantastic, the Wharfedale's are coming into their own, the 2M Blue I thought I would dislike is becoming a tried and true cart, and the Orbit Theory has been an aesthetic/functional addition. And lest I forget the NAD 3050 which I just stare at while the records spin.

I'm going to plug my fingers into my ears now and let the people who still have some fun-money do their talking.

I was actually just going through some of the threads of equipment I bought on recommendation from this forum and I came to the conclusion that I am good with what I have for the foreseeable future.

The Insight is fantastic, the Wharfedale's are coming into their own, the 2M Blue I thought I would dislike is becoming a tried and true cart, and the Orbit Theory has been an aesthetic/functional addition. And lest I forget the NAD 3050 which I just stare at while the records spin.

I'm going to plug my fingers into my ears now and let the people who still have some fun-money do their talking.

You know what? Im increasingly of the opinion that this is the best place to be. Something that you think sounds great and happy with it. I don’t think I’m far away from that myself and I can’t wait to be there tbh.

You know what? Im increasingly of the opinion that this is the best place to be. Something that you think sounds great and happy with it. I don’t think I’m far away from that myself and I can’t wait to be there tbh.
The thought of "if I had the money" has crept into my head and I really don't think I would do anything too crazy. Maybe a new cart, but everything I have has just be meshing so well I don't want to screw with it.

The thought of "if I had the money" has crept into my head and I really don't think I would do anything too crazy. Maybe a new cart, but everything I have has just be meshing so well I don't want to screw with it.

Yeah I think if I was to get the phono and, longer term, turntable, that I’d like I’d be basically down to the consumables, carts and tubes, every couple of years. That’d be a nice place to be.

The SUT goes between the JC3+ and the Paua. I’ve not heard of anyone using a SUT with a MI design before, but looking at the specs, it might work. SUTs raise the output voltage of the cart by converting some of the current generated by a coil into higher voltage.

The major benefit I hear with my SUT is sharper, better defined transients and details.
Can confirm it works with MI. Peter Ledermann recommends a 1:10 step-up for SoundSmith carts.

I'm honestly happy with my system, as well. It would be fun to experiment with other carts, but it would be just that - an experiment. I don't really feel the pull to change anything just because.

Back