Television

In my case, Return of the Jedi came out when I was a newborn, but they were ALWAYS a presence in my life from my earliest memories. VHS tapes, all sorts of toys, bad Ewok movies I loved to death, etc...
Same here. We must have been born very close to each other.

Last edited:
Hold up, didn't Star Wars come out years before you were born?
I had this conversation the other day. I was born in 1981 but Star Wars was one of the First movies I remember seeing as a very small child. I remember the older kids trading Star Wars action figures at Daycare. Then with the rise of VHS and DVDs, and the multiple theatrical releases throughout the 90s leading into the prequels. Star Wars felt like it was always around and that because it kinda was. I don’t even consider myself a giant Star Wars nerd but I still love it and have seen those first 3 films more than any other movie.

In my case, Return of the Jedi came out when I was a newborn, but they were ALWAYS a presence in my life from my earliest memories. VHS tapes, all sorts of toys, bad Ewok movies I loved to death, etc...
100%. I am sure kids born in the 70s likely feel very connected to the film but those kids were the cool older kids and older siblings that had a big influence on us.

Last edited:
I agree but I didn’t grow up pretending to defend Helms Deep from Saruman’s Orc armies. I grew up having light saber battles with my siblings.
I think that's why I read them over and over as a kid because I didn't have friends to nerd out with. I do remember being jealous of the kids who were the right age when episode one came out and they released the light up light sabers. I definitely would have wanted one as a kid.

I agree but I didn’t grow up pretending to defend Helms Deep from Saruman’s Orc armies. I grew up having light saber battles with my siblings.
I was 9 when Star Wars came out (no A New Hope crap, the first movie is called Star Wars). Still remember almost shitting myself when the Star Destroyer came slowly onto the screen.

Speaking of funny, I finally started Hacks and am glad I did. Two episodes in and I'm loving it. I initially wrote it off, assumed it was a stale premise but the cast is fantastic. Writing is solid so far too.

Exact same boat. Watched the 2nd episode last night and enjoying is so far
It just gets better and better - enjoy!

The Bear, man. Such a good show. I watched episodes 1 and 2 of the new season last night, then rewatched them this morning.
Agreed. I loved the differing methods of telling the story in episode 1. I've felt that the Bear is a love letter to Chicago. The 1st episode felt like a love letter to food. Episode 2 puts us right back in the action. Very excited to watch this play out.

The Bear, man. Such a good show. I watched episodes 1 and 2 of the new season last night, then rewatched them this morning.
Agreed. I loved the differing methods of telling the story in episode 1. I've felt that the Bear is a love letter to Chicago. The 1st episode felt like a love letter to food. Episode 2 puts us right back in the action. Very excited to watch this play out.
Watched the first ep last night; it was excellent. I did find myself wondering at how the show's evolved; the tonal difference between this episode and the pilot with the Ballbreaker machine is quite a gulf.

Watched the first ep last night; it was excellent. I did find myself wondering at how the show's evolved; the tonal difference between this episode and the pilot with the Ballbreaker machine is quite a gulf.
The pilot in particular has always felt a bit different from even the rest of that season. More heightened, more brash.

The pilot in particular has always felt a bit different from even the rest of that season. More heightened, more brash.
Yeah, I reached for that example because it's an especially stark contrast; I'll have to watch the rest of season 3, but I wonder if this is the same show that served a kids' birthday party xanax-laced ecto. 😅

I see it's already been discussed but watched ep 1 of the bear season 3....what an oddly done episode (in a good way). It was very light on story on the surface but definitely did a lot of lightening of the shadows from the past and creating a foundation for the coming season. I don't think I've seen an episode of television delivered in quite that way. Maybe there is but it felt fresh and its own thing. Cool episode.

I see it's already been discussed but watched ep 1 of the bear season 3....what an oddly done episode (in a good way). It was very light on story on the surface but definitely did a lot of lightening of the shadows from the past and creating a foundation for the coming season. I don't think I've seen an episode of television delivered in quite that way. Maybe there is but it felt fresh and its own thing. Cool episode.

I just watched it, and it was like a beautiful, artsy version of the Community clip episode that's almost all clips from "past episodes" we never actually saw (fitting, since Joel McHale came back for it).

Also, I keep having to process stuff about my own dysfunctional family and upbringing while watching this show. The way little bad moments are floating up to surface for him, not as full flashbacks but more like intrusive thoughts, hits a little too close to home. "Fishes" from last season had way too many little moments that I could relate to directly...

Last edited:
I just watched it, and it was like a beautiful, artsy version of the Community clip episode that's almost all clips from past episodes we never actually saw (fitting, since Joel McHale came back for it).

Also, I keep having to process stuff about my own dysfunctional family and upbringing while watching this show. The way little bad moments are floating up to surface for him, not as full flashbacks but more like intrusive thoughts, hits a little too close to home. "Fishes" from last season had way too many little moments that I could relate too directly...
Haven’t seen it but The showrunner Chris Storer is a big fan of Community and is Gillian Jacobs significant other.

Back