The Blue Note Thread

I have it. It is excellent. At least you know with the VMP who mastered it. With Elemental you don't (likely the digital file was sent to the pressing plant and the lacquer or DMM plates were cut in house).

I think the VMP was 2017? At that time, KPG was heavily invested in Music Matters titles, so there is that conflict - he maybe wanted to help out MM and his studio or may have even had an agreement with MM of some sort. I know that MM (Ron) frequently passed misinformation around to puff up MM.

The Donald Byrd - Fancy Free around that time was speculated to be a digital source also, I have that one, it is just a beautiful sounding record.
I think I have all of the BN KG 45 cuts aside from Eddie Gale. Need to get that eventually

Hey can someone lend me $112

for any UK folk, the blue note store seems to have the recent double (Classic) titles marked up at the same price as the singles, £26 each. The Jason Moran & Aaron Parks titles

Just listening to Bobby Hutcherson's Medina. Another great album of his that sat on the shelf for many years before getting released. I am surprised at how many of his sessions did not get released around the time of recording. Not like he was a prolific and BN was worried about saturating the market.

Also, not sure if I am in the minority, but I like the non-gatefold Tone Poet releases.

Just listening to Bobby Hutcherson's Medina. Another great album of his that sat on the shelf for many years before getting released. I am surprised at how many of his sessions did not get released around the time of recording. Not like he was a prolific and BN was worried about saturating the market.

Also, not sure if I am in the minority, but I like the non-gatefold Tone Poet releases.
This one is 100% on my list. I like the non-gatefolds as well!

I like it when they do the alternate labels with regular jackets.
Inta Somethin' and Byrd's Eye View are great releases this year.

I don't have Medina yet but Total Eclipse is pretty awesome too.

Back