The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Feeling like an absolute sicko by being so delighted by how much this game sucks
It’s probably the worst football game I have ever watched in which the weather was an absolute non-factor. It’s up there with that 2009 Steelers-Browns Thursday night 13-6 barnburner.

In an era designed to maximize offense with two “offensive gurus” as head coaches and probably two future hall of fame QBs, a 9-9 tie is hilariously ridiculous.

This is embarrassing for the NFL and yet I watched the whole damn game.

It’s probably the worst football game I have ever watched in which the weather was an absolute non-factor. It’s up there with that 2009 Steelers-Browns Thursday night 13-6 barnburner.

In an era designed to maximize offense with two “offensive gurus” as head coaches and probably two future hall of fame QBs, a 9-9 tie is hilariously ridiculous.

That was… just wow.

I got home my son was watching the game, it was 34 seconds to go in the 4th. Watched the FG and the OT, loved every second. I do like Wilson, but as a lifelong Chargers fan, I am obligated to despise every other AFC West team, so seeing the replay of the end zone pick he threw and the incomplete for the final play were perfection. The Colts didn’t win this game as much as the Broncos, I mean Wilson, lost it.

I got home my son was watching the game, it was 34 seconds to go in the 4th. Watched the FG and the OT, loved every second. I do like Wilson, but as a lifelong Chargers fan, I am obligated to despise every other AFC West team, so seeing the replay of the end zone pick he threw and the incomplete for the final play were perfection. The Colts didn’t win this game as much as the Broncos, I mean Wilson, lost it.
The Broncos are a mess. They could (and probably should) be winless. I will be surprised if Hackett makes it to the end of the season as HC.

Not sure what happened to Russ, I’ve probably watched more of his games than any other QB just based on proximity and after about 5 games two years ago he was the front runner for the MVP and I think most were ready to anoint him as an elite QB up there with Brady and Rodgers but then he kinda stalled out. He blamed the Seahawks and Carroll but a lot of it was on his shoulders. The Russ Wilson that has showed up in Denver is the Russ that has been leading the Hawks for the last couple years. He has been average to bad and the Broncos mighta made a huge mistake.

The Broncos are a mess. They could (and probably should) be winless. I will be surprised if Hackett makes it to the end of the season as HC.

Not sure what happened to Russ, I’ve probably watched more of his games than any other QB just based on proximity and after about 5 games two years ago he was the front runner for the MVP and I think most were ready to anoint him as an elite QB up there with Brady and Rodgers but then he kinda stalled out. He blamed the Seahawks and Carroll but a lot of it was on his shoulders. The Russ Wilson that has showed up in Denver is the Russ that has been leading the Hawks for the last couple years. He has been average to bad and the Broncos mighta made a huge mistake.
Elway sure has struggled getting a QB there in Denver....because, yeah, this Wilson thing looks like a mistake.

Lifelong Seahawk fan here. For a decade Russ infused hope and electricity into our team, something which--with all due respect to Matt Hasselbeck, Jon Kitna, and Dave Kreig--I never really felt as a fan all those years. On paper it's not crazy for an organization to place its bets on a QB that looks like a cheat code. I will always be grateful for the success he brought to my 'Hawks.

It's not a secret that many of us fans felt uneasy about him these last few years. The evidence was accumulating that his decision-making was flawed and his playground style wasn't bailing us out enough. It was easy to overlook when he'd drop a m*therf*cking dime into Tyler Lockett's outstretched hands, but it was still there. And between the toxic optimism, the cringy behavior, and the cardiac issues that literally EVERY fourth quarter brought on I was ready to move on.

But I'm legitimately surprised with how quickly and thoroughly I've found myself enjoying his struggles in Denver. Like REALLY enjoying it. Maybe it's the stockpile of draft picks, or the realization that yes, in fact, our coach and GM knew what they were doing (at least this time) or my residual animosity towards the Broncos from all those years together in the AFC West, but more than anything else this season--even the Rise of Geno--the boo-worthy mess that has been the Broncos so far has been the most satisfying.

Sorry to all you Denver fans out there. It really is nothing personal. I hope for your sake that gazillion dollar contract leads to some success and doesn't set the franchise back a decade. For my part I'll hang my 12th Man flag, light a cigar and enjoy the show from afar.

Last edited:
Back