The National

I wanted to go to the TNLNY so badly since there were plenty of other bands to see besides the Nats, but that was after I moved away from CT so it would have been too far. I hope they do that again because now I might be more willing to come down for it.
I'm sorry that you missed it. It was perfect. Great weather, great lineup.

I also hope they do it again, and it was so great to hear "So Far Around the Bend" performed live (which is where the name of the fest came from) They did play it at the Mann Center 2 nights prior to the fest. The only show we missed that weekend was DC, I think at 9:30 club? because again - dog sitting... My husband said to Matt at the Mann that he really wanted to hear their cover of Morning Dew. Of course they played it in DC the next night :(

We did get Peggy O at Irving Plaza so there's that!

wow, Bowery Ballroom is pretty tiny for The National... that must have been pretty amazing
It was. We got there early so were on the rail (well, no rail there, more like just leaning on the stage) We saw Matt & his wife, Carin drive up, and he came over to talk to us. My FB profile pic is actually a photo of us talking to him that afternoon.

A great show, we got a great rendition of American Mary in addition to the album in entirety. And, Bryan walked over to me and personally handed me his setlist. I'm so spoiled - and I know that. I love this band.

Sadly, I tried my best to get into the TWFM record release show at the Mercury Lounge in NYC, but failed. I should have tried harder and just showed up.

It was. We got there early so were on the rail (well, no rail there, more like just leaning on the stage) We saw Matt & his wife, Carin drive up, and he came over to talk to us. My FB profile pic is actually a photo of us talking to him that afternoon.

A great show, we got a great rendition of American Mary in addition to the album in entirety. And, Bryan walked over to me and personally handed me his setlist. I'm so spoiled - and I know that. I love this band.

Sadly, I tried my best to get into the TWFM record release show at the Mercury Lounge in NYC, but failed. I should have tried harder and just showed up.
HOLY SHIT MERCURY LOUNGE?!?! that's even smaller than Bowery...I mean I've played Mercury Lounge before when I was in bands.

unreal... sorry that your weren't able to make that, but I love that they play such intimate shows even then

HOLY SHIT MERCURY LOUNGE?!?! that's even smaller than Bowery...I mean I've played Mercury Lounge before when I was in bands.

unreal... sorry that your weren't able to make that, but I love that they play such intimate shows even then
Yup. The day of release, they walked around Brooklyn and played at least two pop up shows - one was at a flower shop if I'm not mistaken. I learned about the Merc show too late. I should have just gone into the city and hoped for the best, but I didn't. Another regret.

ETA: this link

13 times here. First time was on the Alligator tour with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah when they were the hot blog band opening for The National. Crowd cleared out after them and The National played to about 30 people after that. Some other highlights were the Boxer tour with St Vincent opening and joining in on extra guitar/vocals a couple times and an absolutely monster show at Lollapalooza in 2013. I've hit them every touring cycle since except the last album when I was out of town when they played here and thought I'd get to see them the next year and then, whoops...covid came to town instead...

13 times here. First time was on the Alligator tour with Clap Your Hands Say Yeah when they were the hot blog band opening for The National. Crowd cleared out after them and The National played to about 30 people after that. Some other highlights were the Boxer tour with St Vincent opening and joining in on extra guitar/vocals a couple times and an absolutely monster show at Lollapalooza in 2013. I've hit them every touring cycle since except the last album when I was out of town when they played here and thought I'd get to see them the next year and then, whoops...covid came to town instead...
I didn't go to the tour w St. Vincent but I do have this hanging above my turntable
9517EB01-C556-44E2-BA58-3700C1ADCCA7.jpeg

Two for two so far with just the first whatever seconds. This is my new favorite game.
Some friends and I have a daily text thread that includes a bunch of word games as well as the original heardle. I’m going to annoy the crap out of them by sending my nats results first thing every morning 😆

Does anyone know anticipated shipping date for the Cherry Tree club set this year? I’m moving early June and will need to change my address if it isn’t shipping this week.

Does anyone know anticipated shipping date for the Cherry Tree club set this year? I’m moving early June and will need to change my address if it isn’t shipping this week.
I have no idea, but I would feel fairly confident that it won't ship this week. You probably would be okay changing your address.

Back