The National

I know you will have a wonderful time! What a great setlist in Pamplona!

So sad that we are unable to go to Cork & Limerick - I put in for a refund. Up next for us is Cooperstown.

Oh Cork ❤️

I m fine with any setlist as long as they play Pink Rabbits, Mr November and close the show with an unplugged version of Vanderlyle.

Last time I saw them it was in Lisbon in 2019, Covid was still a little Chinese flu, we could travel everywhere and my girlfriend was pregnant of our first one. We bought a poster with the idea that it was his "last" show before he sees the light. 30 months after, my girlfriend is pregnant again and this will be her "last" show before she sees the light. We are definitely buying the poster and both of our babies will have a National poster in their room.

Last edited:
It's not the best quality, but what do you expect? Here's the full show from a few days ago, including the three new songs. They sound really great. There could always be major differences in the studio versions, but all three do have a slightly more rock sound than IAETF.

So, concert was quite disappointing to be honest. After almost three years with no shows and knowing their connection with Paris, I was expecting a lot more. Sound was really bad, not saying it's band's fault, and while I usually recognize songs with first tunes, it was more complicated there. Don't know who messed, if the band's or venue's technicians but they messed up. But worst thing is the lack of communication between band members and with the crowd. Matt seemed absent, he didn't talk with the crowd, didn't jumped like he uses to do (especially on Mr November) and most of the times between the songs he stood in front of us staring at the crowd with no words, no reaction, kind of waiting for the next song to start.

Since they are at the beginning of the tour, I want to believe that they are still warming-up and it will get better and better. It was really weird though. At some parts of the show I was wondering if they were happy to be there and tour again together and face their public.

So with them playing 4 new songs on their European tour, do we think they already have a new album recorded? Some people on Instagram seem to think so. Thoughts or opinions?

They definitely have been recording, at the very least. Whether or not it's ready is another question. But they say they are using the mobile recording studio, so the album is likely not finished yet. How long it'll take to get completed who knows? They could go the Taylor Swift model of release, and announce it with barely any build up and have the physical release come much later.

So with them playing 4 new songs on their European tour, do we think they already have a new album recorded? Some people on Instagram seem to think so. Thoughts or opinions?

They were up at Long Pond a while ago to celebrate The Dessners bday (?) Can't recall exactly when it was, I do recall they posted a pic of all of them at dinner at a Hudson, NY restaurant. I think they were recording then - could have been they recorded "Somebody Desperate" then, but I do think they have an album pretty much ready.

Before I turn to the sales thread I thought I would check here...is anyone interested in a signed, deluxe edition of Serpentine Prison on Grey Marble vinyl? The records are in perfect shaped, only played once as I also have the regular edition. There's a small corner ding on both the regular sleeve and the signed sleeve (see pics) Cheapest signed copy on Discogs is $130, I'll sell mine for $100.

IMG_6010.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg
IMG_6011.jpg
IMG_6012.jpg
IMG_6014.jpg

Before I turn to the sales thread I thought I would check here...is anyone interested in a signed, deluxe edition of Serpentine Prison on Grey Marble vinyl? The records are in perfect shaped, only played once as I also have the regular edition. There's a small corner ding on both the regular sleeve and the signed sleeve (see pics) Cheapest signed copy on Discogs is $130, I'll sell mine for $100.

View attachment 142485

View attachment 142486
View attachment 142487
View attachment 142488
View attachment 142489

Sigh I'm still a little bummed I have a scratch in the disc of mine. Good luck with sale

So, concert was quite disappointing to be honest. After almost three years with no shows and knowing their connection with Paris, I was expecting a lot more. Sound was really bad, not saying it's band's fault, and while I usually recognize songs with first tunes, it was more complicated there. Don't know who messed, if the band's or venue's technicians but they messed up. But worst thing is the lack of communication between band members and with the crowd. Matt seemed absent, he didn't talk with the crowd, didn't jumped like he uses to do (especially on Mr November) and most of the times between the songs he stood in front of us staring at the crowd with no words, no reaction, kind of waiting for the next song to start.

Since they are at the beginning of the tour, I want to believe that they are still warming-up and it will get better and better. It was really weird though. At some parts of the show I was wondering if they were happy to be there and tour again together and face their public.
20220616_200342.jpg20220616_222345.jpg

With Courtney Barnett at Amphitheater Gelsenkirchen.

Amazing location right in front of Herne-Canal just at the brink of Gelsenkirchen, which led to some ships passing by right behind the stage during the shows.

For me it was the second live show after a more than two year long concert hiatus and I enjoyed it a lot. And it seems I wasn't the only one, lots of smiles at the exit.

sorry to barge in here asking for help, but The National announced earlier today that they're playing this great little theatre my wife and I love in Port Chester, NY the day after my birthday this year.

I'm not sure if the fan club provides any pre-sale codes for shows, but figured I'd check here to see if they do... looking at Ticketmaster it doesn't seem like any of the presales are directly from the band, but if anyone has a lead on any of the following presale codes I'd really appreciate it!

Screenshot_20220621-164712.png

sorry to barge in here asking for help, but The National announced earlier today that they're playing this great little theatre my wife and I love in Port Chester, NY the day after my birthday this year.

I'm not sure if the fan club provides any pre-sale codes for shows, but figured I'd check here to see if they do... looking at Ticketmaster it doesn't seem like any of the presales are directly from the band, but if anyone has a lead on any of the following presale codes I'd really appreciate it!

View attachment 143327
I just got a cherry tree email with the password. It’s “CTCAPITOL22”

Back