The National

I think I'm on my 6th or 7th listen now and it's really hitting now. I think the new album is going to be a masterpiece.
I realized my comment could be construed as "yep, that's a national song" but it's actually because it's very much a classic National song. I was hoping for them to have a couple songs that sound like their old selves.
OMG, and it comes in black, too! Ordering!
white is the classic New Order vibe though

SubstanceCoverBig.jpg

Also, I just realized it has a back and a front. Idk if I like that but it's too late I already copped it :eek:

I realized my comment could be construed as "yep, that's a national song" but it's actually because it's very much a classic National song. I was hoping for them to have a couple songs that sound like their old selves.

white is the classic New Order vibe though

SubstanceCoverBig.jpg

Also, I just realized it has a back and a front. Idk if I like that but it's too late I already copped it :eek:
Right, I own Substance on wax (and cd) but I hate white shirts

I was the same way when I was younger, I only had black t shirts, but now I seem to have more white shirts
I pretty much only wear t-shirts and jeans (work from home so no need to wear anything nicer) and I can go weeks without doing black laundry. When I do, there will be shirts hanging all over the house to air-dry because I don't put most in the dryer. It's seriously ridiculous.

I have considered turning some of them into t-shirt quilts because I really do not have enough storage space for them all, yet, I keep buying new ones. 🤷‍♀️

I pretty much only wear t-shirts and jeans (work from home so no need to wear anything nicer) and I can go weeks without doing black laundry. When I do, there will be shirts hanging all over the house to air-dry because I don't put most in the dryer. It's seriously ridiculous.

I have considered turning some of them into t-shirt quilts because I really do not have enough storage space for them all, yet, I keep buying new ones. 🤷‍♀️
I really want to do this! I have a bunch that I don't wear anymore plus a bunch that are too small, awkward cuts--like the neck is too big or the sleeves are weirdly short--or because I wore them so much when I was younger they have gross pit stains and/or deoderant buildup 🤢, especially lighter color shirts. Also when I still lived at home my parents would wash my clothes sometimes and would add bleach in some washes where a few have a light discolored stain on them. This National shirt in particular has that stain. If I cut the center portion and fashion something from them they're still salvageable.

I really want to do this! I have a bunch that I don't wear anymore plus a bunch that are too small, awkward cuts--like the neck is too big or the sleeves are weirdly short--or because I wore them so much when I was younger they have gross pit stains and/or deoderant buildup 🤢, especially lighter color shirts. Also when I still lived at home my parents would wash my clothes sometimes and would add bleach in some washes where a few have a light discolored stain on them. This National shirt in particular has that stain. If I cut the center portion and fashion something from them they're still salvageable.
That's a great shirt, that deserves to be displayed. Some friends have done the quilt thing, the scariest part is packing up all the shirts and shipping them off to be cut up. I'd be freaking out that the package would get lost. Maybe I should learn to quilt - I think there are 25 squares per quilt: I have so many older U2 and Pearl Jam shirts I could make multiple quilts for each. I wear a lot of my National shirts still, but could prob make at least two quilts from them if I wanted to.

wait.... there's a service that does this for you? I assumed everyone that has done this just stitches them themselves
There are a bunch of them. Not sure which ones my friends have used

Sell some you’re not attached to. Look up closed ebay auctions. Some shirts go for stupid money!

I like the song...but it hasn't grabbed me yet. I dont know...Matt sounds a bit tired maybe. Aaron's comments about hoping this is a glimpse into the band's future has me a bit concerned. But not concerned enough to not buy the t-shirt! ;)

Back