The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

I don’t know enough to say who is early or not. Wasn’t necessarily trying to say it was copycat as much as just stating the sort of generic nature of it.

Oh yeah I get that, was just a bit of context to say that they were probably early madchester meets britpop, their debut came out in 1990 only a year after The Stone Roses so whilst they carried on through the britpop era they probably also were part of the earlier movement that led to the northern end of it.

Oh yeah I get that, was just a bit of context to say that they were probably early madchester meets britpop, their debut came out in 1990 only a year after The Stone Roses so whilst they carried on through the britpop era they probably also were part of the earlier movement that led to the northern end of it.
I really like the Stone Roses and the first couple Oasis albums. Everything else seems a bit hit or miss.

And the funny thing is that britpop was such a weird label because there was very few similarlities within the scene. It was more that a few different bands and scenes emerged simultaneously around the country at a period where Britain was coming out of the dark days of the 80s and finding a sort of new self confidence. The 90s in Britain were a really fun era to grow up in.

Back