The Official Needles and Grooves 1001 Album Generator Project (aka Preachin’ about the Preachers if today’s selection sucks)

11/17/2023
3ed83e1c965af86610a3c951beaf8fbdcd8c72b9

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Forgot to drop a comment on this one. 5/5 for me. First heard these guys via a mix CD on a car trip to see NOFX. I was pretty heavily in a punk only mindset musically at that time. This group helped blow that stupidity away. They say my brain grew 3 sizes that day. Still listen to this one on the regular.

Side note: also discovered Tony Sly's solo stuff at that show, but that's a story I already told in the AOTM thread for his record.

11/23/23
View attachment 188167
G Love & Special Sauce - G Love & Special Sauce

I grew up outside of Philly and you couldn't escape this guy on the radio. "Cold Beverage" is forever engrained in me. I don't believe I've ever actually listened to the album though.

Wow, I have not listened to that album in about 30yrs and I am glad. Absolutely the most boring thing I have forced myself to listen to in years. And I cannot emphasize forced enough here.

I remember seeing them a couple of times, all the way out in Vancouver, opening for other acts. They tried so hard to make it big. Tried really really hard. 0/5

Wow, I have not listened to that album in about 30yrs and I am glad. Absolutely the most boring thing I have forced myself to listen to in years. And I cannot emphasize forced enough here.

I remember seeing them a couple of times, all the way out in Vancouver, opening for other acts. They tried so hard to make it big. Tried really really hard. 0/5

Musical diarrhoea

Back